Thank you so much to all who have replied, some with apparently considerable effort. I have definitely taken all that was offered on board.

However, the original query seems to have "mis-tracked" somewhat.

I have therefore structured the question differently in a new post.

Genuinely, thanks again to all.

I can give another vote for the ATF7, I’ve been using one on my Planar 3 for almost 2 years and have no plans on swapping it, for the money I think it’s unbeatable.
dae4385bc9696bb4298a753ef6add8fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 16/02/2020 at 12:40, DebsE said:

An LVX+ is too light to control an ATF7 - you'll get a resonance at 13 Hz. It certainly can not control a Denon DL103, this would give a resonance at arond 15.5 Hz.

With a Linn K9 I'd have it fitted with a Paratrace stylus: https://theaudiofiles.co.uk/95p-paratrace-stylus-for-at95e-cartridge/

In general, calculations of resonant frequency based on manufacturers’ specified cartridge compliance and arm effective mass are likely to be off because the figures are often inaccurate and incomplete. Best to get actual the resonant frequency using sweep tones on a suitable test record.

Based on work by Shure and B&K in the 1970s, the arm resonance should be well above 10 Hz. IIRC,  Shure stated 12-15 Hz, B&K even higher. Not sure why modern day vinyl users want lower LF resonances. 

For low cost - this is a vague term - MC cartridges AT would be my default choice. I’ve seen the OC 9 on clearance at very reasonable prices. AT make even lower priced ones, check the usual web stores.