Sign in to follow this  
DomT

Marantz PM11S2 mint condition £1400

Super Wammer

Hi everyone 

My beloved Marantz PM11S2 is up for sale.  Have had it 7 years and it has been faultless. Only selling because we are downsizing our entire life (you can buy my lovely furniture too ha ha) and my main system will be headphones. 

It appears to be completely mint condition but I have hurt my wrist and cannot take it out of the rack to take all necessary photos and double check my statement but will do so in a few day’s time. 

The amp replaced an Audio Research pre/power and over the years has seen off a lot of other amps and I have been very happy with it on music and especially films. The most recent contender at home was a Naim Supernait 3. Compared to the Naim the Marantz had bass that was much deeper, better defined and had more punch; it also didn’t have the Naim’s upper-mid forwardness.

I don’t know how to write like an audiophile so will just say that it’s possible to listen all day every day without fatigue, it’s never boring sounding, on action films you jump when there is an explosion, and music just sounds wonderful. The finish of the amp is exceptional and it just oozes class and presence. 

It has good functionality with a tape loop, headphone socket, a good MM/mc input (magazines said competitive up to £1000), and can be bi-amped etc etc. It’s worth reading the online manual. 

Manual and remote control is included. I don’t have the original box and they are not available from Marantz. I will get a suitable double box and packing for it. I have sold and shipped a lot of pro audio stuff around the world so you can buy with confidence if you are not collecting. I could deliver within a reasonable distance  

You are welcome to listen here before buying with Harbeth SHL5s. My T/T are off to be serviced so it will be digital only. I am in Teddington TW11. FYI I will be away from 10-22 March. 

Price is Wam special £1400 for quick sale. Will be selling on eBay for £1500.

Z50_0164.JPG

Edited by DomT
add photo
  • Like 3

Super Wammer

I could be open to a swap for a turntable. The only ones potentially interesting are SME Model 10 or recent Linn LP12/Lingo. Obviously I would pay the additional difference. If it was an LP12 probably wouldn’t need an arm. 

Just remembered that I need to buy a Naim Muso gen 2 (the larger one) so could swap for that.

Thanks

Super Wammer

Just bought an SME but still looking for a Naim Muso 2nd gen if you want a swap. 

Super Wammer

I really want to sell quickly to fund a t/t so here is a price reduction £1350. Complete bargain. Could deliver within reasonable distance from TW11.

Or swap for an interesting synth cash either way?

Super Wammer

Not sure if I can part with this amp so sale on pause for a week whilst I have a think. Too special to sell too cheaply. 

Super Wammer

Definitively not for sale now. Not sure how to remove the advert. 

i think you will find from the cake and eat it thread that its not for sale and being used 

"Quick update from my end. Have been listening to the PM11S2 pre with Quad 909 since 09:00 today on TV then music details. At 16:00 I unplugged it as the music is not right. It’s laid on a little too thickly. On simple music it sound good but it looses something to the Marantz; instruments sound more realisticly weighted on the Marantz (says the guy who is not searching for realism 😂😂)"