Nearly bewildered

Streamer screamer and grrr

1 hour ago, bigfool1956 said:

First step, try another browser e.g. Chrome

Done...its working...my fingers are crossed..im a bit of a fan of google..on my old ipod touch 4 google still works..no app for YouTube but can access you tube through google..

• Like 1

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Done...its working...my fingers are crossed..im a bit of a fan of google..on my old ipod touch 4 google still works..no app for YouTube but can access you tube through google..

:stereo:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigfool1956 said:

:stereo:

Sadly now not working..back to play b..or c lol

1 hour ago, paulkebab said:

Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - Show Installed Updates. Right click and delete any guilty files.

How would i know which files are which? Im looking at the files..but they have no identifying number..

40 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Sadly now not working..back to play b..or c lol

A chink of light? Im using chrome and the qobuz app..went over to web player ( still on chrome)  and its working! Before on microsoft edge..a error code came up on the web player and it wouldnt play anything.. So? Seems promising.. Im sure it will go arse up just to pissed me off..but still hopeful..lol apologies for bad word ( microsoft)  hahaha 

The files are numbered as I previously quoted, KBxxxxxx under 'show installed updates'. Those particular 2 should be deleted.

39 minutes ago, paulkebab said:

Or are you saying you've never done any updates? 

No..updates done..think problem might be ok? The web Player is working ok so far on chrome..but ill look again tomorrow.. Thanks for the helpful information 

Chrome is definitely faster than Edge up to a point, and some websites are optimised for Chrome, I use both but prefer Edge. Unless you can absolutely guarantee nothing in the form of malware or trackers has got into your system I would install and run the completely free and excellent Malwarebytes Antimalware Free which will search and quarantine any bits of software than shouldn't be there. It's almost always this kind of stuff that hogs resources and slows browsers down. Glad you got it running so far.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paulkebab said:

Chrome is definitely faster than Edge up to a point, and some websites are optimised for Chrome, I use both but prefer Edge. Unless you can absolutely guarantee nothing in the form of malware or trackers has got into your system I would install and run the completely free and excellent Malwarebytes Antimalware Free which will search and quarantine any bits of software than shouldn't be there. It's almost always this kind of stuff that hogs resources and slows browsers down. Glad you got it running so far.

Definitely will do..thanks again

• Like 1

Edge is dead, being replaced by Edge 😏 The new Edge is based on the same engine as Chrome (Chromium).

If you want to try with the Jolida, iPad and camera connector, sometimes connecting things up through a powered USB hub helps

Edited by twinpot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, twinpot said:

Edge is dead, being replaced by Edge 😏 The new Edge is based on the same engine as Chrome (Chromium).

If you want to try with the Jolida, iPad and camera connector, sometimes connecting things up through a powered USB hub helps

If all else fails..ill get a powered usb..i bought a generic camera connector..not sure if that makes a difference re not connecting usb to dac? I have another arriving in the post ( generic) see if that works?  Ideally the linx 12 needs to work..as otherwise its of no use! Im not into computers..and having to faff about like this gives me the pip..but I really like qobuz..so persevering it is..

If all else fails..ill get a powered usb..i bought a generic camera connector..not sure if that makes a difference re not connecting usb to dac? I have another arriving in the post ( generic) see if that works?  Ideally the linx 12 needs to work..as otherwise its of no use! Im not into computers..and having to faff about like this gives me the pip..but I really like qobuz..so persevering it is..
I nearly posted yesterday about if it was a genuine Apple or generic camera connector as most generic ones are a bit flaky.

I bet that's your issue right there, try a genuine Apple one, if bought online you'll get plenty time to return it if no good as it's not guaranteed it will be any better.

31 minutes ago, mikeyb said:

I nearly posted yesterday about if it was a genuine Apple or generic camera connector as most generic ones are a bit flaky.

I bet that's your issue right there, try a genuine Apple one, if bought online you'll get plenty time to return it if no good as it's not guaranteed it will be any better.

£35 for a Apple camera adaptor!  It will be a cold day in hell before i buy one..Apple and microsoft and now sonos! are not our friends..everytime they stop suppporting a product a new mountain of redundant iPhones, ipods, laptops speakers etc is created! Im considering buying a chrome tablet as I have a sneaking suspicion it will just work! Ps and if bought a £35 camera adaptor..everytime i use my Ipad for streaming it will bug me and I want positive vibes mostly..lol.

But thanks for your advice ( i  might borrow a genuine camera connector to see if it works..so i can irritate myself a bit more!  :-D) 

Super Wammer

I bought a refurbed Chrome book about a year ago as a change from Windows based laptops (3 years and they became slower than my 1st 486 DX2) and I couldn't be happier. All day battery, quick startup (circa 20 seconds Inc login) and suits my general browsing/emailing/ebay usage just like my phone but with a bigger screen and keyboard. These days unless your a gamer/power user I see no point in having a full blown laptop. 

Chromebook is also happy running BLUOS, Spotify & Tidal + accessing my NAS. 

Edited by Lurch