Nearly bewildered

Streamer screamer and grrr

40 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

£35 for a Apple camera adaptor!  It will be a cold day in hell before i buy one..!  :-D) 

No..but you will spend that amount on cheapo adaptors that fail and a cheapo powered hub.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MK0W2ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?afid=p238|sL4w7cF5j-dc_mtid_187079nc38483_pcrid_104154899041_pgrid_23949283681_&cid=aos-uk-kwgo-pla-btb--slid---product-MK0W2ZM/A-UK

Buy cheap..buy twice

If you feel tha laptop is borked, you could consider doing a Windows 10 reset.

I recommend a little reading before you do this, but if the primary and only function of the laptop is for music playback, then copy any files you need off and go ahead (or find a local computer shop and pop in and have a chat).

pm your address to me and I'll pop my connector in the post so you can have a borrow

ronnie

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Man in a van said:

No..but you will spend that amount on cheapo adaptors that fail and a cheapo powered hub.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MK0W2ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?afid=p238|sL4w7cF5j-dc_mtid_187079nc38483_pcrid_104154899041_pgrid_23949283681_&cid=aos-uk-kwgo-pla-btb--slid---product-MK0W2ZM/A-UK

Buy cheap..buy twice

I recommend a little reading before you do this, but if the primary and only function of the laptop is for music playback, then copy any files you need off and go ahead (or find a local computer shop and pop in and have a chat).

pm your address to me and I'll pop my connector in the post so you can have a borrow

ronnie

Thats very kind..i.might well take you up.on that offer of a loan ( wammers are such nice people..) ill try all other suggestions first though..cheers 

56 minutes ago, Man in a van said:

Definitely read up on this before a reset, although I don't get the feeling this is the issue here. As twinpot said, Edge is almost Chrome now anyway, and you're having probs with both browsers but the hardware is still to be evaluated. If the only function is music playback, an old 486 DX should do that easily as should any modern tablet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paulkebab said:

Definitely read up on this before a reset, although I don't get the feeling this is the issue here. As twinpot said, Edge is almost Chrome now anyway, and you're having probs with both browsers but the hardware is still to be evaluated. If the only function is music playback, an old 486 DX should do that easily as should any modern tablet.

Well I did my Desktop last year after it got a bit ....you know !

And I thought the  OP was using the Desktop App in preference to the browser route (I'm mostly Firefox with just a touch of Chrome :))

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, paulkebab said:

Ill google a 486 dx if it has a usb which I can plug into my jolida..Both my acer and linx have the same exact problems.. Over the weekend ill know if the web player on qobuz gives up the ghost..but the web player was a complete non runner before.a strange error code came up and it wouldnt let me play anything.. So on chrome the web player so far is behaving itself..ps i had a kebab last night a chicken donner..but my preference is a kofte..kofte is king! Lol

6 minutes ago, Man in a van said:

Well I did my Desktop last year after it got a bit ....you know !

And I thought the  OP was using the Desktop App in preference to the browser route (I'm mostly Firefox with just a touch of Chrome :))

I used whatever was on the linx which was Edge..it worked fine on qobuz web player.. Then error popped up and web player wouldnt work..so downloaded app to linx which worked then started not responding..i think it's a Windows / qobuz / bt hub issue..Both laptops wont work..Both laptops windows 10.. All my other stuff works fine..ipad, fire HD, phone..

13 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

I used whatever was on the linx which was Edge..it worked fine on qobuz web player.. Then error popped up and web player wouldnt work..so downloaded app to linx which worked then started not responding..i think it's a Windows / qobuz / bt hub issue..Both laptops wont work..Both laptops windows 10.. All my other stuff works fine..ipad, fire HD, phone..

Well at the least I think you should consider a reset of the router..there should be help somewhere on the web from BT on how to do it.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Man in a van said:

Well at the least I think you should consider a reset of the router..there should be help somewhere on the web from BT on how to do it.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-settings

Yep this is going to happen..thanks

Edited by Nearly bewildered
Forgot a word

Ahhh now I remember a BT Hub / USB issue a while ago and if you did a reset of the hub the USB function is disabled by default so it has to be re-enabled. I might be a mile off there and it might be totally irrelevant, but it's something that just clicked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, paulkebab said:

Ahhh now I remember a BT Hub / USB issue a while ago and if you did a reset of the hub the USB function is disabled by default so it has to be re-enabled. I might be a mile off there and it might be totally irrelevant, but it's something that just clicked.

The qobuz web player is still going!!! Wow...( going through chrome) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nearly bewildered said:

The qobuz web player is still going!!! Wow...( going through chrome) 

Well..i spoke too soon..its now dropping out..its bt hub reset time...if this doesn't work then ill do a basil fawlty and give said hub a damn good thrashing!! Lol