bigrod

Bug bears in hifi

So no one fell for my trap.. :/

Honestly I hate it when during a demo the sales person tries to sell you something of hifi not to your liking, forcefully time and time again.

Edited by Nativebon
Info

1 hour ago, Nativebon said:

People who think not able to witre in Engilsh properly is a sgin of, or lack of inteligence... Well you still understood the message, didn't you?

:P

Know eye don't no wot ewe ment

11 hours ago, Sir_Franc said:

My bug bear is just finding out my speakers send all the bass up to the flat above and vibrates their floor even when I play my system not too loud and also have the bass eq'd down. It looks like I'll have to sell my speakers and get some stand mounts that don't go down so low as my current speakers. The building is rubbish and allows bass through the walls far too easily. Grrrr!

Because I'm a good mate, I can borrow them and you can borrow my Tannoys! That's so nice, I should put this on the Totally Nice Thread! 😇 

Anyway, my (Minor) Bugbear is not being able to switch off the display on my CD Player; I like to listen to music at night by candle and valve light... 😑😑😑

My wife

She doesn't think sound (speaker placement) is more important than aesthetics and functionality when it comes to room layout :wall:

Edited by Gaz38
  • Haha 4

Bugbear - trying to keep mains and signal cables segregated and tidy behind the rack.

And an OCD thing - I have to put CDs back in their cases exactly the right way up. The worst ones are those where the case has a transparent insert and the back label has a print on it that continues onto the CD itself. Woe betide one of those not being perfectly aligned....

Oh, and LPs and CDs in both alphabetical order and chronological order within artist. With CD singles of the same artist placed after the albums. 9_9

Edited by Jules_S
Added more OCD....
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jules_S said:

Bugbear - trying to keep mains and signal cables segregated and tidy behind the rack.

Just been tidying my cables after the house rewire. Replaced and shortened the mains leads on my DIY mains cables, if you have such cables and are confident altering them, could think about shortening such leads to avoid coils of cable. Any non-special mains leads can be easily shortened and new plugs put on, have done this in my understairs cupboard (NAS (network device)

Also bought some cheap Velcro ties to help keep things tidy.

Edited by Bodgit

38 minutes ago, knaithrover said:

Cables uuuurgh 

All my cabling is now LFD my cable problems over! Is this what you meant? Lol...

Dealers and punters who rave about the sound differences between cables.

I must have at least average hearing being both a professional musician and piano tuner for over 30 years,, and I can still hear no difference between cables.

Edited by michaelgb

Super Dealer
3 minutes ago, michaelgb said:

I must have at least average hearing being both a professional musician and piano tuner for over 30 years,, and I can still hear no difference between cables.

Because there isn’t any, unless you alter the cable’s electrical parameters so dramatically so to alter the speaker’s FR.

Keith

1 hour ago, Bodgit said:

Just been tidying my cables after the house rewire. Replaced and shortened the mains leads on my DIY mains cables, if you have such cables and are confident altering them, could think about shortening such leads to avoid coils of cable. Any non-special mains leads can be easily shortened and new plugs put on, have done this in my understairs cupboard (NAS (network device)

Also bought some cheap Velcro ties to help keep things tidy.

Oops, I didn't mean to turn this into yet another cable thread! :o It's not so much the excess length of mains cables, just trying to keep them out of the way of signal cables as much as possible, routing them down one side of the rack and then crossing signal cables at right angles, etc to try and minimise interaction. Becomes really awkward when you have one piece of equipment with it's IEC socket on the opposite side to everything else - that offends my OCD lol

17 minutes ago, michaelgb said:

We Both use the same dac..surely your not using those freebie interconnects? 

1 hour ago, Nearly bewildered said:

We Both use the same dac..surely your not using those freebie interconnects? 

I use cheap Cambridge audio interconnects on that dac,,,,  

• Like 1

On 19/02/2020 at 11:54, plasticpenguin said:

Brands I want to hear but can't because the nearest dealer is hours away. That really gets up my nose.

Move house?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Colinjg said:

Move house?

Nose plugs? 

• Like 1