Gaz38

Vanity/personalised/private number plates

6 hours ago, linesrg said:

This is actually the cheapskates plate as the really valuable one would be RR 1.

There is a hierarchy in this you know? The cheapskates have plates with the numbers first, 'real' vanity plates have the letters first.

I must declare an interest here as I own RGL 11 and it's on my 1990 Audi Quattro 20V....... :D

Regards

Richard

This is unforgivable, putting a tacky plate on what is, in my humble opinion, one of the most iconic cars ever 😭😭😭

I don't understand, your choice of car suggests a man of impeccable taste, why ruin it 😂😂😂

Posted (edited)

I received mine as a gift. 

EDIT** plus it only cost $180.

Edited by Batty

3 hours ago, Gaz38 said:

This is unforgivable, putting a tacky plate on what is, in my humble opinion, one of the most iconic cars ever 😭😭😭

I don't understand, your choice of car suggests a man of impeccable taste, why ruin it 😂😂😂

Did I mention it must be about the only quattro with a tow bar as well...................

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, linesrg said:

Did I mention it must be about the only quattro with a tow bar as well...................

Regards

Richard

You're dead to me 😂😂😂

Actually it's always been a dream of mine that if I win the lottery to buy a brand new Lamborghini and ask for a tow bar and roofbox😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, woodys69 said:

Know its 100k...... but if won lottery.....

No pic , try again :^

Still not working...

That plate used to be on a Bentley Mulsanne. I saw it Le Man's years ago

BAD541T (badshit) was also there on a TVR

Sometimes they slip past the dvla censorship people 

I think it comes down to money and sense.  If you have both you probably wouldn't bother if you have one of them and not the other then you might but work out which.

I worked with two pretty well off guys who have/had private plates and my theory holds out:D:close:

Also it is common among yoofs, a lot of my daughters friends have them and she is looking and cannot be talked out of it on a financial/sense/privacy basis.

Mine current car isn't a private plate but it sort of reads "yeah fu@k-it" which is what my other half said I must have thought having bought the car but could only just about afford it.  Tempting to keep this because it reads so nicely.

Living in Essex i put a plate on to add a couple of years to the apparent age; just to reduce knickability.