dicy

FS: Sugden A21a Integrated Amplifier (with Phono Stage)

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, notevenclose said:

The a21SE and its 'vanilla' contemporary aren't quite the same amp as this. When they were originally launched, a number of Sugden diehards considered that while build quality, styling and power output had gone up, overall something of this a21's 'magic' had been lost. 

In truth, in many respects a lot of people would contend this a21 was superior to the first generation Masterclass integrated. Come to think of it, I'm in that camp, I made that backward journey from Masterclass to a21, in my case the power amp version.

I confess I've not heard the latest generation 'Signature' versions of the a21 and a21SE but I understand they're much improved over the first production, which must now be well over a decade ago.

Similarly, I know Kevin Scott now regards the current Masterclass integrated with a huge degree of affection, something he could never muster for the original model.

But a new Masterclass is over £5k and this is 650 quid. You do the math, as they say.

Agreed and disagreed (sort of).

Agreed re A21: I'm sure some people would prefer the current A21SE to the current A21 as it has more grunt but they'd probably prefer the ANV-50 too. For me it was a toss-up between the IA-4 and A21.

Disagreed (sort of) re your comparison. You've compared RRP of a new IA-4 and price of a pre-loved classic. I paid £2700, I think, for my mint boxed etc IA-4 from an Italian eBay seller. That's less than the RRP of a new A21SE.

• Like 1

Bump

Bump

Ok, i'm able to post this now (at cost) :)

It’s a classic Suggy
It’s beautiful
It’s available
It can be posted 
  • Like 1

Pre EBay bump

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, dicy said:

Pre EBay bump

No!!!

Rich, will PM you. No, no, not buying another amp, calm down boys...

HI All

Now on Ebay for £650

Happy to sell here for £630 plus £15 courier

Reduced
Meant to put £620

So - £620 with £15 courier - Amp will be double boxed.

• Like 1

Sold:)

• Like 2

Super Wammer

I know this is now sold but thought wammers interested in it might want to know that, having had my Sugden buds (specifically my A21 receptors) titillated by this ad, I have just bought the same model in black on black. I have absolutely no need for another amp but this gives me as much slow time as I desire to enjoy the IA-4 and A21 on a variety of music... and eventually get around to comparing them perhaps. Maybe. One day.

536737622_SugdenA212.thumb.jpg.c8f1a1f6da4d8f11c607c3ca7002841a.jpg1637754530_SugdenA211.thumb.jpg.8424880004ed563d96def5f2732eb2dd.jpg