oxymoron

Amazon Music HD PC Desktop App help

Recommended Posts

Evening all,

I took the Amazon Music HD 3 month trial and download the PC desktop app. I "follow" various artists and on the 'My Music' tab at the top left I cannot see any of these "followed" artists. It only shows me the digital MP3 equivalents of CD bought through Amazon.

What am I doing wrong? How do I see Artists I have "followed"?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when you say you follow them - what do you mean?  Favourited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, eatapeach said:

when you say you follow them - what do you mean?  Favourited?

Yes, in the Amazon App I can only see a button when I click on the Artist called "Follow"

Spotify has the same "Follow" button on the artist page. Once clicked and therefore followed, in Spotify the Artist is immediatly added to 'Your Library > Artists'

On Amazon, nothing happens for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's for when they release new music - you get a notification.

Use playlists if you want to favourite an artist or album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eatapeach said:

it's for when they release new music - you get a notification.

Use playlists if you want to favourite an artist or album

I see, its different to Spotify use.

How can I just add an Artist and see it in My Music? I'll try to find this playlist function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have created a playlist for Rush and it imported after a couple of attempts and restarts. I don't really like this app still, its really clunky. I'll try Qobuz I think. I'm actually thinking physical CDs might be best for me or convert into FLAC and try roon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So find the artist under home - use search

Find an album

click the three dots then add to playlist

create playlist

That will create a playlist and you can name it after the artist/album

it's a bit clunky

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qobuz has an offer now - making it compete to Amazon HD

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eatapeach said:

So find the artist under home - use search

Find an album

click the three dots then add to playlist

create playlist

That will create a playlist and you can name it after the artist/album

it's a bit clunky

Yeah, thats how I just did it, but as you found its very clunky. Better offerings from Tidal and Spotify, still at least it was just a trial with Amazon so not lost any money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you select an album you will see a "+" under the album art, next to the download symbol.

Click on this and the artist and album will be added to the appropriate My Music sections.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, griffo104 said:

When you select an album you will see a "+" under the album art, next to the download symbol.

Click on this and the artist and album will be added to the appropriate My Music sections.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.