Sign in to follow this  
HectorHughMunro

Fuji Content

This is worth a visit if you’re in London and Fuji inclined. 

https://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/news/article/fujifilm-house-of-photography-to-open-tuesday-3rd-december

I was mainly there to look at the Pro3. My initial impression was that it was fast and the viewfinder is huge but primarily optimised for the 23mm. I didn’t try with a 35mm but suspect there might be quite a bit of space around the frame. I suspect you just wouldn’t use a 56mm on it at all unless you were going to use the EVF.   The dura finishes do mark but I don’t find it too bad.  The main thing I didn’t like was the feeling of the shutter which was a little too soft in to the half press.  Overall, quite close to the X-T3 but perhaps a shade quicker.

The XT200 was a surprise. Much better than I expected. 

Of the lenses, the 50-140 was the one I was most impressed by. Silent and quick.  Quite large so you wouldn’t take it as a walk around.  The 90 was interesting; again, quite big. 

I'm in London in a couple of weeks and was going to call in. I've never been keen on the XPro range, had a flirtation with getting a 2 and a dealer lent me one for the day but it just wasn't for me. Like the Fuji range in general the XPros are capable of outstanding results but it just doesn't feel right in my hands. Love the style though :^

5 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

I'm in London in a couple of weeks and was going to call in. I've never been keen on the XPro range, had a flirtation with getting a 2 and a dealer lent me one for the day but it just wasn't for me. Like the Fuji range in general the XPros are capable of outstanding results but it just doesn't feel right in my hands. Love the style though :^

If you’re in, you should go.  It’s at the Covent Garden end where it meets the theatre district. 

There are a load of cameras and lenses laid out to try and they pretty much leave you alone or at least they did with me. I only got approached when I looked at the GFX kit.  I learnt a lot, particularly about the lenses. 

• Like 1

I’ll try and get over at some point being an ex Fuji fellow. I had the 50-140, lovely lens.