Mad4it

Good Riddance Vinyl

7 minutes ago, bigfool1956 said:

I have considered it might be a good idea to digitise my vinyl for when I'm doddery.

Are you going to Kegworth?

I have some digitised vinyl. I have some stuff which I have sourced which is apparently top quality from high-end reference equipment. I cant fully guarantee that because I wasn't actually there for the transfer but I don't see why they would have to lie about it, and it is very large file size and sounds good to me. If you want a demo I'll add it to a play list for you :)  

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Recording quality trumps the recording format/medium every time...

Edit: just beaten to it by @rabski!

Yes defo, but in general certain women are better looking than others, but when you get a good one, well, all the theories go out of the window :)

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Are you going to Kegworth?

I have some digitised vinyl. I have some stuff which I have sourced which is apparently top quality from high-end reference equipment. I cant fully guarantee that because I wasn't actually there for the transfer but I don't see why they would have to lie about it, and it is very large file size and sounds good to me. If you want a demo I'll add it to a play list for you :)  

I have digitised a couple of records before, and I was pretty impressed with the results at the time, but my system was wasn't what I have now. I have a fairly decent ADC, so I should give it another go. it's all about time :) 

Yes I'm going to Keggy.

1 hour ago, Snoopdog said:

Four vinyl fans, who will listen to a comparison of CD, SACD, Hi-Res files from my Melco N1ZH, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz Studio and of course, good old LP's!

Luckily, I have some of the same albums across all formats, so should be an interesting day! 

But you have all different sources of playing it!

It all truly depends on the DAC, good Red Book (or near for conversion) is still to me the best medium ever so long as the DAC is a good one, and there are some staggering ones. Everything else just takes second place.

1 hour ago, rabski said:

The quality depends on the recording quality primarily. It always has and it always will. As for the rest, it's down to personal taste and circumstances. I bought my first LP nearly 50 years ago and I still have it, together with most of the others I've bought over the years. Quite apart from the fact that I enjoy the physical aspects of vinyl, and quite apart from the fect that it sounds reasonably good here, the sheer faffing about and time involved in even thinking about ripping my vinyl collection means I'm not interested. What would be the point? The quality certainly can't be higher, only the same if I'm lucky, or worse if I'm not. I stream, play CDs and play vinyl. Some recordings are simply higher quality on one or other medium, so by getting rid of one, all I'll do is limit my choices.

Anyway, getting rid of vinyl would mean fewer boxes :nup:

Yes but.

The best digital system might, just might, let you hear that album reproduced in not a lesser but different and enlightening way. Even a cheap one will do that absolutely, but some of theses higher end DACs are really something, how they do it, I will never know, but they just do.

Super Wammer

I Just sit back and listen to the music on what is right for me at the time.

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For the last 15 years, due to many reasons, none of them criminal 😊 I havnt been interested in hifi or music for that matter. 

Its amazing and comforting that so little has changed 😂😂

1 hour ago, fled said:

For the last 15 years, due to many reasons, none of them criminal 😊 I havnt been interested in hifi or music for that matter. 

Weirdo 😀

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

quality streaming is an oxymoron with the emphasis on the second syllable....:pop:

The second syllable of ox-y-mor-on is ‘y’ (pronounced ‘ee’).

• Upvote 1

Well I got rid of my TT a few years ago, have all of my classical vinyl away, about 150 to 200 LPs, still have my rock and jazz albums in the loft for old times sake. My executor will have to get rid!

I converted to streaming after years of owning the TT and not using it and playing CDs a few times a week.

Result is that I now listen to music most days not just occasionally. Don't worry about the equipment just glory in the music itself.

Bliss.

• Like 2