Mad4it

Good Riddance Vinyl

In the last week I got rid of my turntable and ALL of my LPs and replaced it with a Streamer/DAC

Beware the slaves of technology, for that evil day will come when you will wake up and say "What a fool I was to get rid of my Vinyl" xD

Edited by EddieRUKidding
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Nah, it's a 2 syllable word...ye  oxy-moron...B|

I think you need to Google what a syllable is ;).

55 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Nah, it's a 2 syllable word...ye  oxy-moron...B|

https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/oxymoron.

Imbesyll.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I can't believe there's a website for this!

There's moron the web than you can possibly imagine...:whistle:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, EddieRUKidding said:

Beware the slaves of technology, for that evil day will come when you will wake up and say "What a fool I was to get rid of my Vinyl" xD

Lol you might be right for this is indeed the second time I have done this.....but this time it's for good. I just felt that I needed to take a tub of vaseline into HMV with me each time I wanted to by an LP at £25+.....but now!, the Mark Renton line from Trainspotting is apt here 'I'm no longer constipated' :goodone:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mad4it said:

Lol you might be right for this is indeed the second time I have done this.....but this time it's for good. I just felt that I needed to take a tub of vaseline into HMV with me each time I wanted to by an LP at £25+.....but now!, the Mark Renton line from Trainspotting is apt here 'I'm no longer constipated' :goodone:

Thing is you can purchase used LP's for less than a tenner, HMV have a massive stock of LP's for around £12 to £14 ,so can't see your reasoning here as they can pull the plug on streaming (I use it also) but physical media is so much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

I'm actually sat here right now, looking at my LP12 and thinking "if I sold that, I could get a pretty decent motorbike"... 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

they can pull the plug on streaming

Very valid point. They can't pull the plug on my vinyl.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Very valid point. They can't pull the plug on my vinyl.

Assuming you pay your Electricity bill 😜

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Assuming you pay your Electricity bill 😜

...and assuming the oil doesn't run out

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

cannae believe yer quoting an American language site on the ENGLISH language...:doh:

It’s better English than ‘cannae’. (Also - in English - we capitalise the first letter of a sentence.)

My OED states your ‘cannae’ is Scottish, not English ...

(ii). With negative particle affixed. ME cannat, ME cannatte, ME cannouȝt, ME connat, ME connott, ME conot, ME conott, ME 16 cannote, ME–16 connot, ME–17 cannott, ME– cannot, 16 con't, 16–17 cann't, 16–17 canna, 16–17 canot, 16–17 (18– nonstandard) cant, 16– can't, 18– caan't (regional and nonstandard), 19– caunt(Welsh English);  English regional 16–18 conno (west midlands and Lancashire), 16 18 connot (Lancashire and Cheshire), 18 caint, 18 canna', 18 cannut (northern), 18 conna (west midlands), 18 conna' (Derbyshire), 18 conner (Cheshire), 18 conno'(Lancashire), 18 connoh (Cheshire), 18 cornd (Lancashire), 18 kaint, 18– canna(chiefly northern), 19– caant;  U.S. regional 18 cayn't, 18 kain't, 18– cain't, 18– caint, 19 keint; also Scottish pre-17 17– canna, 17– cannae, 19– cannie, 19– canno (Orkney), 19– canny;  Irish English (northern) 18 canney, 19– canna, 19– cannae, 19– canny, 19– cawney.

So cannae is about as English as a slice of deep-fried, battered Pizza.

1 hour ago, chebby said:

It’s better English than ‘cannae’. (Also - in English - we capitalise the first letter of a sentence.)

My OED states your ‘cannae’ is Scottish, not English ...

(ii). With negative particle affixed. ME cannat, ME cannatte, ME cannouȝt, ME connat, ME connott, ME conot, ME conott, ME 16 cannote, ME–16 connot, ME–17 cannott, ME– cannot, 16 con't, 16–17 cann't, 16–17 canna, 16–17 canot, 16–17 (18– nonstandard) cant, 16– can't, 18– caan't (regional and nonstandard), 19– caunt(Welsh English);  English regional 16–18 conno (west midlands and Lancashire), 16 18 connot (Lancashire and Cheshire), 18 caint, 18 canna', 18 cannut (northern), 18 conna (west midlands), 18 conna' (Derbyshire), 18 conner (Cheshire), 18 conno'(Lancashire), 18 connoh (Cheshire), 18 cornd (Lancashire), 18 kaint, 18– canna(chiefly northern), 19– caant;  U.S. regional 18 cayn't, 18 kain't, 18– cain't, 18– caint, 19 keint; also Scottish pre-17 17– canna, 17– cannae, 19– cannie, 19– canno (Orkney), 19– canny;  Irish English (northern) 18 canney, 19– canna, 19– cannae, 19– canny, 19– cawney.

So cannae is about as English as a slice of deep-fried, battered Pizza.

Ah'm referring tae your language, not mine - Ah'm no english...:cafe: