Sign in to follow this  
Mad4it

Favorite ways to find new to you music?

I try to find new music almost daily, but recently just finding a lot of average stuff, nothing that really get's me excited. Just wonder if I'm missing a trick in my search methods. Currently I use a bot of Gnoosic (website that makes suggestions based on your input), Youtube, Facebook, this forum, roon for it's radio function and playlists. Any decent sites or channels. I'm not too fussy, only music I don't gravitate too is Classical, Opea, Folk or Country...

Spotify ! 

It is the best way to find new music in know genres but also to expand musical taste /  horizons and music types that I would never have dreamed of investigating or listening to.

The suggestions they put forward are very good indeed , I listen to hundreds of new artists that I never would have found without Spotify . :^

Super Wammer

My daughter uses my Spotify account the most. If I use it to get recommendations I'd be listening to K-Pop non-stop :D 

I have used last.fm for recommendations in the past, both from the suggestions page and from the last.fm radio based on my scrobbles. (This actually uses Spotify to deliver the radio).

The WAYLTRN thread is another source.

However, I don't really seek out new music all that much any more, I have so much and not enough time to hear it all as it is.

1 hour ago, bigfool1956 said:

My daughter uses my Spotify account the most. If I use it to get recommendations I'd be listening to K-Pop non-stop :D 

I have used last.fm for recommendations in the past, both from the suggestions page and from the last.fm radio based on my scrobbles. (This actually uses Spotify to deliver the radio).

The WAYLTRN thread is another source.

However, I don't really seek out new music all that much any more, I have so much and not enough time to hear it all as it is.

I feel your pain :).

I agree the WAYLTRN thread is excellent for finding new music !