HiFiWigwam

Timeless Capture Of The World's Most Unique HiFi Show

Admin

I am very pleased to announce that one of our members 'dari' - Darius will be present taking some memorable shots for us at this years WAM2020 show.

" I have attended last year Wigwam Show for the first time and it was a great pleasure to see audio enthusiasts from all over the country. 
In places like this, one can appreciate how serious people are about the hobby. Initially, I have put my name down for the 2020 show but then realised I could spend the three days at the show in another way. 
My other passion is documentary photography. I have secured a place at the BA Hons Photography course at Staffordshire University. I have worked on various projects past few years but never thought I could try to capture this hobby of mine and so many other fellow enthusiasts.
Wigwam show seems to be a perfect place for that: from preparations/ setting up the rooms to the actual show and everything around it. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and will introduce myself and ask if everyone is okay with me taking photographs before I take any.

I am happy for this to take place as long as everyone gives their okay to Darius on the day, plus that all photographs are WAM copyright, with the exception that he is allowed to use them for his university degree, but not to use, sell or publish without my express consent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Not got an issue with this Peter but I'd check with reference to the GDPR regs .....all photographs I take as part of my factory inspections have to be deleted from my laptop/phone once I've written my audit report.  In addition to this if anyone objects but appears in the background in any shots etc this could be a breech too.

The University should advise him on the implications of a project he intends to undertake as part of his studies. In terms of the Wam retaining copy-write my understanding is that if the images are to be subsequently used to promote a product or service (ie The Wam or subsequent shows) a photo-release should be obtained from those featured. If this is likely presumably some sort of catch all notice or something could be displayed - music venues tend to have this published on their terms and conditions and occasionally on tickets.

That doesn't stop Darius directly asking permission on the day but perhaps can avoid the potential for any disagreements later. I'm not familiar with the bang up to date regulations but Keith's point above is a useful one.

Super Wammer

No problem at all if anyone thinks they could earn any money with a picture of me then they deserve every last penny.

• Haha 4

First and foremost I'd like to thank Peter for making this happen. 
Re copyright, I'm happy with the rules set by Peter.
To clarify, I'm not a student yet, I'll start my first year in September 2020
I was thinking to bring a medium format camera loaded with Ilford HP5+, to experiment a little, test new ( to me) medium ( never used black and white film) but then realized it's probably not the best solution as three days of shooting and the ever-increasing film/ processing cost don't mix well. Regardless of what camera I'll bring, once the images are processed I'll post them here. Hopefully some engaging ones you'll like :)

• Upvote 2

As far as I understand it, it would effectively be classed as a public event, the pictures will not be used for direct commercial gain through product advertising or for political canvassing, so GDPR and privacy laws do not apply. Much as if your picture appears in a newspaper if you are at  apublic event, there is no relevant law that has been broken. Similarly, you do not have to ask people to sign a model release form under such circumstances.

I could be wrong if things have changed (again), but there was some discussion about this a year or so ago with regard to photography in public places in general.

• Upvote 3

Super Wammer

I suspect Dari will be using some Instagram filters that make everyone seem to have a beard, bald patch and beer belly.

• Haha 4

Super Wammer
14 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

I suspect Dari will be using some Instagram filters that make everyone seem to have a beard, bald patch and beer belly.

No need for filters here, 100% original ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, greybeard said:

No need for filters here, 100% original ! 

Ditto

• Like 1

Super Wammer

^ I'm pleased you guys worked out the subtext :)

10 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Mines actually a cake belly

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.