Sgt Pepper

Teac CD-P650 CD Player

Posted (edited)

Just wondering if anyone owns one, spec seems really good so I have just ordered, should be here tomorrow.

Edited by Sgt Pepper

anyone? :Tumble: xD

Super Wammer
38 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

anyone? :Tumble: xD

Not familiar with this one old chap. Not 100% sure but Teac May have input to some of the cheaper Yamaha units which have always faired well. 

• Like 1

Very happy with it:

2ObPXno.jpg

• Like 2

Glad you're happy. Who needs streaming eh?

Call me a fussy old git but, given the choice, I wouldn't have it directly on top of the amp.

There's probably not that much heat coming up from the Marantz, but even so......

There are plenty who'd think nothing of it - others who'd never do it - I'm with the latter bunch.

Enjoy it.

• Like 1

Nice one, Sgt Pepper. :^

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gray said:

Glad you're happy. Who needs streaming eh?

Call me a fussy old git but, given the choice, I wouldn't have it directly on top of the amp.

There's probably not that much heat coming up from the Marantz, but even so......

There are plenty who'd think nothing of it - others who'd never do it - I'm with the latter bunch.

Enjoy it.

Thanks for the advice Gray, but space is limited. The Amp runs very cool and there is about a 1" gap between it and the player. Might be interesting to hear the thoughts of other Wammers on stacking on top of amps though. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Might be interesting to hear the thoughts of other Wammers on stacking on top of amps though. 

The rule of thumb was/is always put the amp on top of the CD player , it stops vibrations .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazzer said:

The rule of thumb was/is always put the amp on top of the CD player , it stops vibrations .

Thanks Bazzer, but the CD player is a bit smaller than the amp mate. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Thanks Bazzer, but the CD player is a bit smaller than the amp mate. 

Doh xD

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

This is true... the cheaper players always skimp on casework dampening for obvious reasons but can easily be overcome by a few basic tweaking measures 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

As long as the CD player isn’t picking up hum from the mains transformer inside the amp, I’d not worry about the gap from a heat perspective.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sgt Pepper said:

Very happy with it:

2ObPXno.jpg

Looks cool. I wouldn't worry too much about the heat unless you play it for hours at a time. I know you can purchase larger feet which'll raise it up by an inch or so

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nopiano said:

As long as the CD player isn’t picking up hum from the mains transformer inside the amp, I’d not worry about the gap from a heat perspective.  

Neither would I as far as the amp is concerned - just wouldn't want the CD player being any warmer than necessary that's all (even allowing for the fact that its bottom plate will reflect / dissipate most of any heat).

As for hum pickup. Isn't it part of CE approval that no device should be susceptible to EMI from another? - no reassurance to me - just never have, never could, stack things so close vertically.....there's no hope for my brain :nerves:

• Like 1