Super Wammer

Very excited about this!  Tendaberry gets his wish from the upgrade guessing game- $1300 CND

2 hours ago, hifipm said:

Very excited about this!  Tendaberry gets his wish from the upgrade guessing game- $1300 CND

A bit of an increase from the $875 CND circus kit, 60% more , to be precise. Proof is in the pudding. 

my cirkus is 10 years old, so i got my money’s worth. 

I,m in. 

29 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I just got a new Cirkus bearing in January. I'm a little bummed.

I  would be too 

• Like 2

Okay. I'm over it. Can't wait to get the new Karousel. If it is supposed to be a big improvement, which I expect it would be, in that it is at the source of a source component, I'll be one of the first in line. If the improvement proves to be a bit milder, I may wait and get one along with the Kyrstal to Kandid upgrade sometime this fall.

Damn! The deck’s only just been in for Radikal/Keel.

I think another visit to see Brian & Trevor might be on the cards...

• Like 2

Better that way IMO, even if it's a pain. You get a better understanding of what each upgrade is doing which may be useful to you one day. Also, you have another upgrade to look forward to. Besides, they never seem to add up to as much when combined (i.e. 2+2=3)

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Trunkmonkey said:

Besides, they never seem to add up to as much when combined (i.e. 2+2=3)

Is that performance, or price? :) 

Seriously, Karousel is not only of interest to us geeks (and I thought my LP12 was substantially complete!), but it is a really smart move by Linn. Let's say, just as a guesstimate, that there are 100,000 LP12s currently in use worldwide. Let us also say that about a third of owners are in the upgrade market (apparently, about half of Linn's LP12 business comes from upgrades). Most upgrades cost significantly more than the quoted price of £750 for the Karousel, so upgraders will want to include it in their plans, given its position in the "hierarchy". Down the years, that could add up to £25m of business for Linn and its dealers; that is significantly more than a year of turnover at the current level of business.

The Karousel is immediately attractive from my perspective because, in my experience, lowering the noise floor (low as it already is) tends to produce a significant improvement in subjective sound quality. Count me as very interested ...

David

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Linn's promo that goes with it will help to leverage the purchases of people coming in for the upgrade.  Purchase additional Linn products of at least £3000 (or local equivalent) at the same time as the Karousel and the Karousel is free!  People thinking of another upgrade or Linn product might be tempted to bundle them together to get the free Karousel.  Yes, I'm looking at you akamatsu!  However, that program only runs from March 23rd through May 22nd so you wouldn't be able to wait for fall.

Edited by ThomasOK
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasOK said:

Linn's promo that goes with it will help to leverage the purchases of people coming in for the upgrade.  Purchase additional Linn products of at £3000 (or local equivalent) at the same time as the Karousel and the Karousel is free!  People thinking of another upgrade or Linn product might be tempted to bundle them together to get the free Karousel.  Yes, I'm looking at you akamatsu!  However, that program only runs from March 23rd through May 22nd so you wouldn't be able to wait for fall.

I feel much better now. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, ThomasOK said:

Linn's promo that goes with it will help to leverage the purchases of people coming in for the upgrade.  Purchase additional Linn products of at least £3000 (or local equivalent) at the same time as the Karousel and the Karousel is free!  People thinking of another upgrade or Linn product might be tempted to bundle them together to get the free Karousel.  Yes, I'm looking at you akamatsu!  However, that program only runs from March 23rd through May 22nd so you wouldn't be able to wait for fall.

Damn! If I’d have waited a bit for my upgrades I could have got Karousel for free! ¬¬

• Sad 1