Corona Virus Might Cancel Gigs?

Looks like the Government is moving into phase two of its operation to contain the virus which might include all pubic events such as concerts etc.:(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51749352

Edited by Sgt Pepper
  • Sad 1

Poor old Ryan - how does he feel about that...? :D

• Haha 1

It’s better to be safe than sorry. It can spread really fast. A person who may not have been to Italy or China or South Korea etc but somehow can get infected. Somehow they come into contact with it. Unknowingly. 

• Upvote 1

Gutted but fully understand:

After serious consideration, it is with much regret that THE WHO have postponed their UK tour, due to start next Monday March 16th in Manchester at the Manchester Arena and finishing at Wembley SSE Arena on April 8th. The fans' safety is paramount and given the developing Coronavirus situation, the band felt that they had no option but to postpone the shows.

The dates will be rescheduled for later in the year. All tickets will be honoured.

Singer Roger Daltrey assures fans that the shows will "definitely happen and it may be the last time we do a tour of this type, so keep those tickets, as the shows will be fantastic.”

Pete Townshend said the band, ”haven't reached this decision easily, but given the concerns about public gatherings, we couldn’t go ahead.” He added that “if one fan caught Coronavirus at a WHO concert it would be one too many.”

Unfortunately, THE WHO will also be unable to appear at the Royal Albert Hall on March 28th as part of the annual Teenage Cancer Trust shows, but intend to reschedule that show also, with more news to follow.

Image may contain: 2 people

I know. I've got tickets for the Who. I've also got two other gigs booked for May, and the way things are going, they're looking uncertain.

• Sad 1

All 'mass gatherings' in Scotland with over 500 people are to be cancelled after this Sunday according to Nicola Sturgeon, I guess this includes gigs as well as sporting events.

Many concerts are being called off worldwide. LiveNation, the biggest promoter around is losing about $1.8b off it’s stocks.

27 minutes ago, killie99 said:

All 'mass gatherings' in Scotland with over 500 people are to be cancelled after this Sunday according to Nicola Sturgeon, I guess this includes gigs as well as sporting events.

Why after Sunday? What the virus doesnt work weekends?

Yep, according to Nicola it has to wait until Monday as she's got tickets for the Rangers/Celtic game on Sunday. 

6 minutes ago, killie99 said:

Yep, according to Nicola it has to wait until Monday as she's got tickets for the Rangers/Celtic game on Sunday. 

Honestly, why are these politicians even involving themselves as if they can have some sort of positive input. Things like this need to be just handed directly to medical professionals and scientists and let them do the talking as well.

I’ve got tickets for 5 gigs between the end of March and the end of May, I can’t see the Americans travelling and Fairport Convention should all be in self-isolation at their age. I’ve also got accommodation booked and a flight out for The Cazorla Blues festival in Andalusia in July.

• Sad 1

I have tickets for the Who. Postponed. Tickets for Nick Mason, Saucerful of Secrets. Postponment announced yesterday. I've also got tickets for Jeff Beck in May. Safe to say I very much doubt that'll happen. I was really looking forward to those brightening up the start of spring. Ah well. Hopefully they'll brighten up the start of winter instead.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've got tickets for Robert Plant in July and still got everything crossed - it's a small theatre venue with only 650 seats - just hoping things might be better then.

I was due to see GoGo Penguin and a couple of other things at the Gateshead Jazz Festival over the next week - Sage Gateshead have closed indefinitely but indication it will be for 3 months which I'm afraid @rabski includes the Jeff Beck Tour (I don't have a ticket as actually I'm not a fan :sofa:)

2 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

I've got tickets for Robert Plant in July and still got everything crossed - it's a small theatre venue with only 650 seats - just hoping things might be better then.

I was due to see GoGo Penguin and a couple of other things at the Gateshead Jazz Festival over the next week - Sage Gateshead have closed indefinitely but indication it will be for 3 months which I'm afraid @rabski includes the Jeff Beck Tour (I don't have a ticket as actually I'm not a fan :sofa:)

I'm as much of a fan of most jazz as I am of most other music, but no need to apologise. My Jeff Beck tickets are for Liverpool Philharmonic, but I don't expect it to go ahead as it's at the end of May and signs are that we will still be in 'not going out' mode by then.

The big festivals and gigs will be hit badly, but I worry more about the small venues and the performers on the bottom rung of the ladder. Starting out in the music business is generally not the way to earn easy money fast.

• Like 1