Leem

Johnny Darko

Just now, Leem said:

Or, you've invested emotionally or financially, so you're looking for an improvement even though there isn't one.

Or they just don’t have real life experience with the gear to back up their claims in their posts 

Super Dealer

It’s the classic, ‘your system isn’t resolving enough’, I also spotted the rarer , ‘if you can’t hear the difference you have saved yourself a few quid, 

Keith

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Not nearly as popular as blindfolds, measurements and ASR... 

-9UsUqquAFBfxbQY8yTs6OF1Og5J6b3uPhzSuGwJ

Ohhh.... suits you Keith... suits you :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

It’s the classic, ‘your system isn’t resolving enough’, I also spotted the rarer , ‘if you can’t hear the difference you have saved yourself a few quid, 

Keith

No it is just real life experience. Have second system where difference is not as audible as in my main system(read: more high end and way more expensive)

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, dari said:

edit. what I always do when comparing things like that I set the volume levels same for all components... that's not using my ears but db meter

The great thing about swopping the digital components that I compared was that the volume does not vary when the same digital file is used so there is no need to get a dB meter out. Just hot swop it. 

Coincidentally (I really hope so anyway), Mr Darko posted this yesterday. 

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxgMXaWwmTxopwewx54AaABCQ

4 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

Your sample of one person means nothing. 

I have heard different Innuos servers back to back through the same dac (Dave) and heard marked differences. That was just me but there does seem to be an element of repeatability as several of my friends have heard the same differences. 

YOUR sample of one person means nothing. I have heard different servers and CD transports, some costing 5-digits utilising the latest as yet unknown advances in electronic engineering and I can’t hear any difference into the same DAC.

May be I don’t have golden ears or a system revealing enough. What is fabulous of course is that the most special audiophile gear is made by single-handed geniuses or a small band of audiophile experts that obviously think they know better than universities and R&D departments that excel in PhD level exploration of materials, electro-optics, complex data processing and analysis, spectral sound research. It’s amazing isn’t it that these band of merry men and their audiophile followers know better and can seemingly make audio products better and better and better sounding year after year. If only the scientific community listened to audiophiles then we would actually have some proper advancement of the human race. Had the scientific community consulted and liaised with audiophiles and seen the blistering advancements in hifi year after year with their DACs and valves and cables, we could have gone from jumbo jets to light speed interstellar travel but these damn objectivists will be a right pain and insist on proof and equations and testing and methodology. When will the world wake up to the extraterrestrial revelations in the audiophile world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A.S. said:

YOUR sample of one person means nothing. I have heard different servers and CD transports, some costing 5-digits utilising the latest as yet unknown advances in electronic engineering and I can’t hear any difference into the same DAC.

May be I don’t have golden ears or a system revealing enough. What is fabulous of course is that the most special audiophile gear is made by single-handed geniuses or a small band of audiophile experts that obviously think they know better than universities and R&D departments that excel in PhD level exploration of materials, electro-optics, complex data processing and analysis, spectral sound research. It’s amazing isn’t it that these band of merry men and their audiophile followers know better and can seemingly make audio products better and better and better sounding year after year. If only the scientific community listened to audiophiles then we would actually have some proper advancement of the human race. Had the scientific community consulted and liaised with audiophiles and seen the blistering advancements in hifi year after year with their DACs and valves and cables, we could have gone from jumbo jets to light speed interstellar travel but these damn objectivists will be a right pain and insist on proof and equations and testing and methodology. When will the world wake up to the extraterrestrial revelations in the audiophile world. 

Yawn......sorry....did you say anything....Zzzzzzz

12 minutes ago, Mad4it said:

Yawn......sorry....did you say anything....Zzzzzzz

Cue the passive aggressive replies. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blackmetalboon said:

@A.S. I’m in the same boat as you. I’m glad that I’ve obviously got a crap system and terrible hearing as it means I can just sit back and listen to some music without Audionervosa setting in.

Your avatar would suggest otherwise or is that BS? :dead:

5 minutes ago, Mad4it said:

Your avatar would suggest otherwise or is that BS? :dead:

There are pictures of my system somewhere on this site and a few members have visited my place. I have tried various digital transports & cables, but as of yet, I have never heard a difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blackmetalboon said:

There are pictures of my system somewhere on this site and a few members have visited my place. I have tried various digital transports & cables, but as of yet, I have never heard a difference. 

Good for you, probably saved a few quid huh. 

4 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

It’s the classic, ‘your system isn’t resolving enough’,

I just don't understand how a device being senstitive to things that shouldn't matter is supposed to be a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PuritéAudio said:

Keith

If you can’t hear the difference – and you generally can't, or won't – you have saved yourself a few quid.

Have a good weekend.

Edited by notevenclose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2