Recommended Posts

Damn it!

I’m all booked-in with Brian & Trevor at ‘House of Linn’ this weekend, to discuss Karousel, among other things.

However, my wife has become increasingly concerned about the Coronavirus, and thinks that I should cancel ‘non essential’ travel/activities, which would appear to include my visit to see Trevor this weekend :-(

Is anyone else facing a similar situation? I’m personally more ‘pragmatic’ about the virus, but she’s now stopped shopping in supermarkets, and now wants to ‘hole down’ as a family until this whole thing has passed?

Is anyone else facing a similar situation? It’s sure dampened my spirits!

Just one to maybe make the dealers aware of too??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, HBerg said:

Bad timing of Linn to launch the Karousel now :)

I suppose Linn weren’t to know.

Who would...?? Apart from 007! :S

Edited by kelly200269
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm lucky, my GF is a pharmacist ( Chemist in GB) in a hospital and is of a more pragmatic, scientific disposition. Plus our medical system seem to have learned lessions from SARS so, not so bad in Canada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not too bothered. I live on the outskirts of London and still travel in regularly, and I still visit supermarkets (not to panic-buy stuff, though!). Seems so far to have infected 0.00042-something % of the UK population, which means chances are you may never pass an infected person. That could rise drastically, of course, but in the meantime I’ll not miss out purchasing my daily crate of scotch.

Mick

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have created walkways in my house amongst the ceiling height toilet roll stash I've bought. And filled my shed completely floor to ceiling with hand sanitizer. I'm going to wait a few more weeks for the price to go fully north before I start selling them one by one on Ebay. Of course this is total rubbish...

Being serious though, no affect to me, and I regularly commute into London and in highly built up areas... Chances are so slim/remote I'm good for now... Also I'm not in a highly ill/aged with pre-existing medical conditions group, so I should hopefully be okay.

In all seriousness though... I work for a global co, and we are really starting to notice the knock on ripples of this. Many clients budgets and ambitions are being pulled right in for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now, the official advice in the UK is that normal daily activities (but not large crowd events) should continue, unless you happen to be in the high risk categories (for example older people, especially those with pre-existing conditions).So far, both the government and the Health Service seem to have their act together, which is more than can be said for some employers, who are impersonating headless chickens with a fair degree of accuracy.

Ironically, I'm stuck at home with a bad cold (no fever or 'flu symptoms, so very probably not Covid 19) ...

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few random thoughts regarding this thread, and these are strictly my opinion, carrying no weight.

I wouldn’t postpone the visit to House of Linn, as the risk is  minimal for people in good health.

We will survive this and life will go on.

Linn owners can’t get Corona virus, only Korona virus.  🤔

My friends that are doctors don’t shake hands at the moment, and use their  sleeve or a disposable napkin to open doors. They wash their hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.

If there is a silver lining here, it is that more people will start washing their hands, probably reducing the risk of colds and flus, as well as Korona virus. at this time of year.

Given that many people are choosing to staying home more at the moment, it would be the perfect time to upgrade your HiFi components, as we are spending more time listening to music. 

The worst thing for Linn would be people stop buying out of fear, or we stop doing things out of fear.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't think we're quite there yet. As of today, the UK is quite a long way down the list when you look at cases against population size - 4.7 cases per million:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I wouldn't be put off going to a dealer event this weekend but there may come a time when I will be staying put.

Edited by Trunkmonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm writing from Milan, Italy

Stay at home, believe me

M.

21 hours ago, kelly200269 said:

Damn it!

I’m all booked-in with Brian & Trevor at ‘House of Linn’ this weekend, to discuss Karousel, among other things.

However, my wife has become increasingly concerned about the Coronavirus, and thinks that I should cancel ‘non essential’ travel/activities, which would appear to include my visit to see Trevor this weekend :-(

Is anyone else facing a similar situation? I’m personally more ‘pragmatic’ about the virus, but she’s now stopped shopping in supermarkets, and now wants to ‘hole down’ as a family until this whole thing has passed?

Is anyone else facing a similar situation? It’s sure dampened my spirits!

Just one to maybe make the dealers aware of too??

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, HBerg said:

Bad timing of Linn to launch the Karousel now :)

I beg to differ. It is an excellent time. Listen to what Matteo in Italy said. He is speaking to us from the future.

1 hour ago, Matteo said:

I'm writing from Milan, Italy

Stay at home, believe me

M.

We will all be staying home self-quarantining before too long. This will provide an excellent opportunity to spend some quality time with a newly upgraded hifi system.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

F*** It! I’ve decided to still go on Saturday.

The allure of speaking to Trevor about Karousel is too strong! xD

PLUS I need to ask him how he managed to make my thirty-three-year-old LP12 sound so bloody good! He must be a genius...

When I originally bought my deck in 1987, I never thought that it would be bringing me so much joy almost half-a-lifetime later :D

Edited by kelly200269
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, kelly200269 said:

When I originally bought my deck in 1987, I never thought that it would be bringing me so much joy almost half-a-lifetime later :D

There must be an echo in here.

When I originally bought my deck in 1987, I never thought that it would be bringing me so much joy almost half-a-lifetime later .:whistle:

Often my words exactly.B|

Edited by Mr Kandid
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I beg to differ. It is an excellent time. Listen to what Matteo in Italy said. He is speaking to us from the future.

We will all be staying home self-quarantining before too long. This will provide an excellent opportunity to spend some quality time with a newly upgraded hifi system.

The problem is that it is not available yet and you have to see a dealer if you don’t choose to order it on Internet and get it delivered by a guaranteed virus free courier and install it yourself 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HBerg said:

The problem is that it is not available yet and you have to see a dealer if you don’t choose to order it on Internet and get it delivered by a guaranteed virus free courier and install it yourself 🙂

We are not at the point where this level of precaution is needed. But we will be. Being caught in self-quarantine without a Karousel equipped LP12 could prove very difficult. The solution is to get the Karousel as soon as it comes out, and before the virus spreads to the point where quarantine is required.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.