Super Wammer

The "corona virus thoughts" thread ran to 20 pages before the announcement was made that this year's shw is to be postponed until later in the year. Absoultely the right decision, though a dificult one to make I'm sure.

I thought it might be appropriate to start a new thread where we can muse about what might have been, express our relief that someone else has made this brave decision for us, find out whether pork pies can be posted (insured, naturally), etc. So here it is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TheFlash said:

The "corona virus thoughts" thread ran to 20 pages before the announcement was made that this year's shw is to be postponed until later in the year. Absoultely the right decision, though a dificult one to make I'm sure.

I thought it might be appropriate to start a new thread where we can muse about what might have been, express our relief that someone else has made this brave decision for us, find out whether pork pies can be posted (insured, naturally), etc. So here it is.

at least I haven't ordered any pies!

• Haha 4

Super Wammer

I was nervous about the risk, I have to say, but was also so looking forward to catching up with so many of you. I was also looking forward to sharing the joy of my Posselt Albatrosses. And drinking beer. And eating curry. And hearing some fabulous sounds.

Live to fight another day and all that.

2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Every cloud, etc...:D

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Lurch would have had to pay an excess baggage fee if I'd managed to get him the three large pies he had requested!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheFlash said:

I was nervous about the risk, I have to say, but was also so looking forward to catching up with so many of you. I was also looking forward to sharing the joy of my Posselt Albatrosses. And drinking beer. And eating curry. And hearing some fabulous sounds.

Live to fight another day and all that.

Agree with all of the above. Very sad not to be able to catch up with old friends, but we can do that later in the year hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

so I have >150 LPs for the charity sale to store, wife is going to be over the moon :fight:

• Haha 4

Setting aside that I had to pull out due to not being able to make the weekend (!) it is the correct decision in my view. The country is very likely to be locked down like Italy in 10 days or so time and so avoiding the appearance of contributing to what is coming has to be correct.

• Upvote 1

I think this is the right decision. I just hope no one is too badly hit on the finance side. 

• Upvote 4

Super Dealer
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I was also looking forward to sharing the joy of my Posselt Albatrosses. And drinking beer. And eating curry. And hearing some fabulous sounds.

You will just have to do all of that at home instead and if you can get Mrs TheFlash to wear a blindfold you might even get a bit more fun than you bargained for . . .

But seriously, with the availability of smart phone videos with their 'I thought I was in the room' quality is it not possible that the exhibitors could post a video of their Keggy systems.

The only downside I can see is that we might find that some systems sound better over the video than in real life . . . . . xD :P ;)

Edited by Fourlegs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Probably the right decision. I do hope Peter isn't left out of pocket, the Beast from the East and then this "Beast from the East mk2" in 3 years is just not fair.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Friday curry people,  I will cancel the booking.

Now the fight with my airline begins!

see you all eventually I hope. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Peter/mods I think you have made the right decision given the rapidly changing and at times unclear nature of this virus. Let’s take it upon all ourselves as a forum community to support Peter and the team to make sure this is merely a postponement. 

it’s going to be a rubbish weekend given how much I was looking forward to the show.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Bugger, just got back from France to see that this difficult decision has wisely been made, shame as I had a nice selection of cheeses plus a bit of pate to go with some wine on Saturday night.  I'll still be driving up though a day later and stop at the Yew tree as I had also arranged to audition a pair of ATC SCM50 ASLT speakers on Monday.

2 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

But seriously, with the availability of smart phone videos with their 'I thought I was in the room' quality is it not possible that the exhibitors could post a video of their Keggy systems.

The only downside I can see is that we might find that some systems sound better over the video than in real life . . . . . xD :P

Yeah lets do it!

Still disastrous news about the show though. Can we just downgrade it from a public event to a bake-off, I cant see those rooms selling out. I still dont want to accept it do I :nup:

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.