59 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

I meant deaths attributed to Covid

ah don't think that it's possible to be black & white (or so I am told by my wife)

According to some of the Sunday Newspapers headlines this morning plans are being drawn up for an exit strategy, one of these is to keep the over  70’s in lockdown for another year ..Well that will be me f**ked  then .😀

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

A year !

I think it should be 10 Micky. :P

Here is a song for over reactive journalism.

Edited by Hap Hazzard
  • Like 2

On 18/04/2020 at 17:27, Maverick said:

ah don't think that it's possible to be black & white (or so I am told by my wife)

we seem to be being fairly black and white about it currently.

2 hours ago, dudywoxer said:

we seem to be being fairly black and white about it currently.

Trust me this is very nuanced and highly complicated as revealed by the research so far, but by no means are the full details being shared with the public. Probably wise given the complete lack of common sense being displayed presently by a number of people muppets around here.

Anyway back on topic, right now I think that it is little unfair to expect Peter to announce more on the show until we know what (as we expect) the phased re-opening will look like. Thinking about this yesterday I can envisage that hotels will be very difficult to re-open safely. But who knows!

• Like 1

In raising the question I was not expecting a definite response on revised arrangements and dates.  It would be good nevertheless to have an update on the latest thinking as forum members - both exhibitors who have paid out upfront and potential attendees - would surely want to express views. Questions that come to mind are;

- Has the hotel provided a full or partial refund on the hiring for the weekend or perhaps put a caveat around requiring a re-arranged date?

- Is the hotel prepared to consider any options for later in the year?

- If the earliest realistic dates are say from October onwards, is it better not just to cancel this year and re-group in March 2021?

I'm sure that none of us wants to hear of the organisers having taken a massive financial hit from the cancellation, but equally many of us have paid out upfront so have vested interest - so if a workable solution needs to be found it would be good to begin to understand what might be involved.  

• Like 1

one for Peter as he runs it

I paid up front for this year 2020 and am happy to carry my payment forward for when the show does happen 

:geek:

• Like 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Audio Al said:

I paid up front for this year 2020 and am happy to carry my payment forward for when the show does happen 

:geek:

Ditto

• Like 1

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, greybeard said:

Ditto

Ditto

I would also suggest that as our current Government will not or can not give us any details of how it plans to phase in letting us get back to normal then do not expect Peter or the Hotel to do any better.

If what this comes down to is you feel you would like you money back then PM Peter and ask hom directly and keep it to PM and not on the open forum . I am happy to leave things alone and let things take there course . Once things are clear then there will be announcements and choices that is the right time to decide what you want to do .

At this point and with what I know for sure I am happy to as has been said let my payment stay as payment for the eventual Show as and when it happens.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

I'm amongst those happy to let my payment rollover to the next event.

But it would be good to get a general statement of the principles of what might be likely to happen when eventually something does happen please.

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Like 1

Me too, I said this earlier, as long as I'm free that weekend.

I'm guessing that 2020 will be a total write off in respect of the show ....so maybe we go all out for 2021 - carry over our bookings etc and make it a definite two day show maybe from 11am Sat and finish 4pm Sunday - I'd be up for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MF 1000 said:

I'm guessing that 2020 will be a total write off in respect of the show ....so maybe we go all out for 2021 - carry over our bookings etc and make it a definite two day show maybe from 11am Sat and finish 4pm Sunday - I'd be up for it.

This year is highly unlikely , goes without saying really unless a miracle cure appears , same time next year is probably what we are hoping for and yes Keith a two day show would make up for this year's disappointment .

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer

Are there any provisional dates for 2021? When this year’s show was cancelled I moved my flight to a random date in September. I will need to move it again once I know the new dates.

Thanks.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.