Super Wammer

It is my belief that there should be NO DEBATE!!!  And 2020 should be written off forthwith.

The traditional timing of this show is March, and any attempt to get a late 2020 show I feel would result in the withdrawal of some exhibitors and  heavily reduced footfall due to public nervousness, also there could be a subsequent reduction in attendance to another show  3 or 4 months down the line.

As to the question of the funds already committed by this years exhibitors, I think that it is both disgusting and disrespectful of Peter not to have contacted those who have paid and given an outline of the current state of play with those funds. 

Whilst I'm sure Peter has plenty of other things on his plate, 5 months after the event, I believe we ALL deserve answers.  I don't expect the ins and outs of a ducks arse but, like many here I would like to know if all/some of the money has been forfeited due to the hotels greed/booking policies, or whether there is still money in the pot to act as a credit against the next show.

@HiFiWigwam Its been 5 months, please stick your head above the parapet and put us out of our misery.  If all is good re the funds then a general happy forum statement to that effect and onwards to Kegworth 2021.  If not then a blanket PM to all who've coughed up would be much appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Super Wammer

I have to sadly agree that now the lack of information and any sort of official statement is an issue . Those in the position of having paid and been patient either deserve a general messge on the board giving the probable outcomes or PM messages telling them what is happening . One part of me wishes somehting could be arranged but sadly i do not think this is now possible or likely . If it has to be next March then we bite the bullet announce that and then let people know the consequences . It may well be that once this is made clear then a portion or all the money paid my be gone , well if that is the case then we need to know and decided what we do from then .

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I do not like getting involved in group politics and have like many here not commented on this situation. I am happy to wait for the show to come around when it can. But my concern is if we will ever get a show again. The show is not only non profit for all those that participate but involves a considerable investment in money and time. This is fantastic, however with the time between the postponement message and now and still no statement of affairs even if a holding statement then trust is being eroded such that when we do get some form of normality and shows do start to reappear some may be less willing to put money upfront to fund the next WAM

Jessica xx

ps I hope everyone is well and safe

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.