He's a good guy I'm sure he'll pass on anything he gets back from the organisers, or tell them to send it direct to you.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I managed to find the payment along with Ian’s email address so yes Lawrence, sort before long I’m sure .
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how to get a reply from wigwam ? I’ve now sent messages via the contact us link with no reply

Super Wammer

Have you sent a PM to HiFiWigwam which is the the owner Peters  name on here ? If not then that is the only other option I know of .

Have you sent a PM to HiFiWigwam which is the the owner Peters  name on here ? If not then that is the only other option I know of .

Yes I sent a message yesterday and again today

Super Wammer

Sorry Andy then there is no alternative I am sorry to say .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just a few thoughts on the whole issue

im guessing that the setup for the event would be that Peter had negotiated a hire fee for the hotel for Sat/Sunday including all bedrooms and function rooms.  The Room charge for each of us would be then set by Peter to offset the event costs etc and hence why thise stopping Sun eve got a reduced rate.

Insurance would be arranged and most definitely would be paid upfront prior to the event so I guess we have lost that refund.

The cost of the hotel hire might have been lost or a large % of it lost ....again we have no information of this side of it.  

Those of us who also paid a supplement for a large exhibition room - well if this was   a 'bonus' charge by Peter this could/should be reimbursed to us.

These are educated guesses etc what is needed is some clear comms from Peter....I can't speak for everyone on here but for me it's not a lynching opportunity it's treat us like adults and give us some facts - then we can move forwards and maybe help/assist in the planning for a hopeful March 21 event.

Edited by MF 1000
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also note guys .....and I'm quoting from publicly available information i.e. Companies House records.....so don't start quoting GDPR at me.

Peter is not the registered owner of HiFi Global .....which owns the HiFi Wigwam brand/site etc .....his wife Rachael is the only Director listed.

Edited by MF 1000

Admin

My sincere apologies as we are snowed under with the hotel and pubs and only just been notified by one of the mods re this.

Firstly, the show will go ahead next year on the 20/21 March 2021 (if we are of course allowed to re Covid)

Secondly and most importantly, everyone's money for the rooms is completely safe and will roll over to the next event or be returned immediately if that is what everyone wants. I set up a thread with the mods recently to say that I had organised the dates and was everyone agreed that it should be the weekend 'after' Mothering Sunday. I had simply no idea this thread was causing so much issue, so for that I apologise and hope this clears everything up.

Please contact me immediately via PM if you wish to have a full refund.

Peter

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My sincere apologies as we are snowed under with the hotel and pubs and only just been notified by one of the mods re this.
Firstly, the show will go ahead next year on the 20/21 March 2021 (if we are of course allowed to re Covid)
Secondly and most importantly, everyone's money for the rooms is completely safe and will roll over to the next event or be returned immediately if that is what everyone wants. I set up a thread with the mods recently to say that I had organised the dates and was everyone agreed that it should be the weekend 'after' Mothering Sunday. I had simply no idea this thread was causing so much issue, so for that I apologise and hope this clears everything up.
Peter

Thanks for the clarification Peter , I have pm’d you .

Andy

I'm happy to leave mine with you peter. Save me having to send it again next year.

Thanks for the update

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

As we now have clarity please roll my payment for next years show . This just means I will have more money to spend on drink and curry . I may now also ask to book the Friday as well so as to get more time to see friends and have early Saturday to set up .

Thanks Peter this message was needed and is appreciated. I now have a nice deadline with which to blow up my amplifiers.

Edited by bencat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bencat said:

I may now also ask to book the Friday as well so as to get more time to see friends and have early Saturday to set up .

Good move Andrew - that means you will be able to join the Friday night curry brigade.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I might just have a crack at this if it happens next year 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, HiFiWigwam said:

Peter

Thank you Peter, this is all that was required and is a big step forward. Best of luck with the other businesses.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, darthvadersdad said:

I might just have a crack at this if it happens next year 😁

Go for it. Hard work but a rather worthwhile experience. Once you try it you'll get hooked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.