Recommended Posts

Super Wammer
22 minutes ago, rabski said:

Would have been great to catch up again Jamie. Been far too long, as trying to make it to any of the south coast get togethers is a real pain from here. Of course, not quite comparable with Tony's short foray, but still problematic.

One way or the other, we will prevail with a replacement show. We have to.

You too Richard, but the Wam will indeed prevail.

As for bake offs, if Tony can manage it from Mull, you'll have to schleck it down to the south before too long! I think it's a safe bet you'd fit in...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator

I'll work something out. There's a lot of equipment I'd like to hear and people I'd like to meet up with (again) down your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Equipment first. Always bloody equipment :D:P

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 minutes ago, batteredhaggis said:

Equipment first. Always bloody equipment :D:P

No particular order :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The booking may already be effectively postponed with the date to be set, so the hotel may be treating it as now technically a reservation for a later date, although the exact date to be confirmed. It is/was a bulk booking, so just one or two people turning up is going to throw things into possible chaos and potentially cause issues for the reservation in the future.
I was thinking our booking was use it or lose it but if Peter's negotiated a transfer of the show to a future date then yes I'd much rather postpone until the real show can be put off.

What would upset me is if the hotel kept the money but said we can't use the rooms we've already paid for.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
5 hours ago, rabski said:

I'll work something out. There's a lot of equipment I'd like to hear and people I'd like to meet up with (again) down your way.

I'm sure a bed for a weekend schlep to one of my BOs could be sorted easy enough. 

And back on topic, I like everyone else am gutted, and even stripped my system down ready for packing, and installed my 2nd system in its place.

The only silver lining for me is that OTA now have plenty of time to sort out my still ailing 989s. It was the right decision though as I felt that a best case scenario for visitor numbers was that of the snowbound 2017 show. At least this way there is a very good chance of far higher than normal numbers for a rescheduled show. 

My system this morning. 

15840770117172969815513105652892.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, chebby said:

If it’s anything like our Wilko this morning, if anyone sneezes they’d get battered to death with plastic hand trolleys full of toilet roll!

I went in for a stiff-bristled yard broom (their’s are excellent) and wild bird food.

(The way things are going the birds will soon be competing with us for food!)

The birds already do where we live. I throw out food for the birds and they throw it back. They're very fussy in our neck of the woods. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lurch said:

I'm sure a bed for a weekend schlep to one of my BOs could be sorted easy enough. 

And back on topic, I like everyone else am gutted, and even stripped my system down ready for packing, and installed my 2nd system in its place.

The only silver lining for me is that OTA now have plenty of time to sort out my still ailing 989s. It was the right decision though as I felt that a best case scenario for visitor numbers was that of the snowbound 2017 show. At least this way there is a very good chance of far higher than normal numbers for a rescheduled show. 

My system this morning. 

15840770117172969815513105652892.jpg

Looks rather nice, Lurch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4 hours ago, Lurch said:

I'm sure a bed for a weekend schlep to one of my BOs could be sorted easy enough. 

And back on topic, I like everyone else am gutted, and even stripped my system down ready for packing, and installed my 2nd system in its place.

The only silver lining for me is that OTA now have plenty of time to sort out my still ailing 989s. It was the right decision though as I felt that a best case scenario for visitor numbers was that of the snowbound 2017 show. At least this way there is a very good chance of far higher than normal numbers for a rescheduled show. 

My system this morning. 

15840770117172969815513105652892.jpg

Bed? Such unsurpassed luxury cannot be ignored. Does the south coast have no convenient water features?

On a serious note, hope the results from OTA are worth the wait, though experience suggests they certainly should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, rabski said:

Bed? Such unsurpassed luxury cannot be ignored. Does the south coast have no convenient water features?

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
37 minutes ago, rabski said:

Does the south coast have no convenient water features?

There's one very large one...a bit full of tankers though :nerves:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Big rooms, bedrooms, etc. All part of the overall booking, which obviously has to be moved. Therefore, there is now definitely no booking for this coming weekend. It's a massive shame, but if we stand any hope of rearranging once the mayhem is over, it has to be this way.


Good to know the hotel has agreed to move the booking anyway, and if we all keep the same room numbers there's no need for the organisers to go through all that rigmarole allocating them again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Lawrence001 said:

Good to know the hotel has agreed to move the booking anyway, and if we all keep the same room numbers there's no need for the organisers to go through all that rigmarole allocating them again emoji16.png

ha ha ha

like you ****ers won't want more changes? I wish . . . 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

Just a thought, but do you not think you should pm all exhibitors to let them know the show is off, they may not all be like us, and cannot leave this place alone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

already done by the mods, to registered email addresses (AFAIK)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.