eddie-baby

2020 March Wam Show that never was :( Virtual equipment demo

Posted (edited)

Due to the mounting concern and severity so it seems of the coronavirus, as a tribute to the show that never was here's a quarantine area where people can still get their hi-fi kicks :)

@Flash get your headphones on pal ! Dont worry I'll kick this off mate :D

My phone camera/mic is really bad in all fairness, I can see your point Nigel :) but hey it's all we've got for now.

Hope everybody stays safe out there, enjoy just a snippet of Shelby Lynne's lovely vocals via Naim/epos (and a very bad camera phone)  ;)

Anyway here's my offering

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Never done this before and it does feel pretty silly as it in no way gives a real clue about the system but as Eddie Baby has been kind enough to start it her is my effort .

https://youtu.be/FOlpFtJKvGM  

Edited by bencat
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bencat said:

Never done this before and it does feel pretty silly as it in no way gives a real clue about the system but as Eddie Baby has been kind enough to start it her is my effort .

https://youtu.be/FOlpFtJKvGM

Nice job Andrew, gutted we didnt get to actually hear that as we should have. You should be able to embed that video in the thread. If you try editing it and just press space after the link or return it should just show the video and not just the link. Good effort with the system anyway Andrew it looks great :^

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Sorry Eddie bit of a klutz with these things . Tried what you said but stil showing as a link . Kraftwerk track is part of the 8 cd Der Katalog set which is frankly epic .

Edited by bencat

Hmmm...Youtube complained that my vid breached copyright...

• Haha 2

Here you go...this is virtual Room 1, complete with random piles of stuff that were destined for the bring and buy/charity sale, and a very sleepy dog.

• Like 2

I'll try and do it later. At the moment, the system is in bits...

15 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Here you go...this is virtual Room 1, complete with random piles of stuff that were destined for the bring and buy/charity sale, and a very sleepy dog.

Wow Tony, those look amazing, great finish. I like the badges as well, very nice touch :^

I know the copyright thing is a pain, think there are ways around it but Im not sure how. Small clips or maybe linked to the artist or something makes it ok, I've never really looked into fully just what Ive heard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

Like the big woofer as well although it seems to be on standby here xD

She's a very rickety old lady these days - 14, deaf as a post & her back legs are going. Still a happy dog though!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eddie-baby said:

I like the badges as well, very nice touch

I had a couple of Tannoy badges spare & realised that they could be suitably modified :D

1 minute ago, eddie-baby said:

Yes, I recognised the Tannoy logo, with a twist

Last year, the previous iteration of these speakers had the proper gold Tannoy badges on them & it caused a certain amount of confusion with one or two people that hadn't figured out that they were DIY speakers... :D

8 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Last year, the previous iteration of these speakers had the proper gold Tannoy badges on them & it caused a certain amount of confusion with one or two people that hadn't figured out that they were DIY speakers... :D

Ah I see, only the die hard Tannoy followers or at least the some with possibly untrained eyes thought they may have been a production model was it :) Those are Tannoy drive units though right ? DC2000 or 3000 ish possibly ??

Weren't they good enough standard then Tony ? What was the thinking that was behind the project, other than make them better obviously.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.