Super Wammer
15 hours ago, INFoggarty said:

Can anyone tell me if the only difference between the moon 250i and 240i is that the latter has the built in 110LP phono stage?

I’ve only looked at the Simaudio website but I think the 250 lacks a DAC too.  But I can’t explain why the price difference is only 100 dollars. I suggest calling the UK importers, though they don’t seem to list the 250i. 

8 hours ago, mskaye said:

Yes, but can it play a tune? I'd take a Lejonklou Slipsik rather than the Luxman (either of them) any day...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tendaberry said:

Yes, but can it play a tune? I'd take a Lejonklou Slipsik rather than the Luxman (either of them) any day...

Ah the old tune thing.  Tim de Paravicini and Mr. Shindo (add anyone else really) don't talk about tunes.  They talk about music.  It's splitting hairs.  Or transients. That said, the Lejonklu products do look great.  Small, compact and exquisitely made and minimalist.  I wish they had a lower price MC one available but I am ultimately very happy w my EAR 834P fitted with NOS Mullards.   If price was no object I'd probably buy one of the better EAR phono stages.  

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, mskaye said:

Ah the old tune thing.  Tim de Paravicini and Mr. Shindo (add anyone else really) don't talk about tunes.  They talk about music.  It's splitting hairs.  Or transients. That said, the Lejonklu products do look great.  Small, compact and exquisitely made and minimalist.  I wish they had a lower price MC one available but I am ultimately very happy w my EAR 834P fitted with NOS Mullards.   If price was no object I'd probably buy one of the better EAR phono stages.  

By lower priced, are you referring to the current SINGularity or the Entity?

2 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

By lower priced, are you referring to the current SINGularity or the Entity?

Isn't the SINGularity (if Fredrik will make you one) still priced at £32K? The Entity at £1,500 is significantly cheaper than the Uphorik and way cheaper than the Urika, with which (having heard it in my system) I can confidently say it is fully competitive in terms of sound quality.

David

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
On 09/04/2020 at 21:22, DavidHB said:

Isn't the SINGularity (if Fredrik will make you one) still priced at £32K? The Entity at £1,500 is significantly cheaper than the Uphorik and way cheaper than the Urika, with which (having heard it in my system) I can confidently say it is fully competitive in terms of sound quality.

David

Yes, that's why I asked the question.  If the point was there being an MC stage cheaper than the SINGularity, then its already there :)

• Upvote 1