fled

help me choose a pre amp

Tempted by the sjs from all your comments, over budget but what the hell, hopefully my Sp10 will sell soon. 

I've not bought from emporium or hifi for sale before are they OK? 

Emporium has a few poor ratings on ebay. 

Phil

Super Wammer

I bought my Lector 4 box cd transport & valve DAC from him 4 weeks ago ....managed to negotiate a discount and got free delivery ...the next day.  Two boxes (original packaging) delivers with no issues - I just had to prompt him for an official invoice that's all.

I recently bought a 8yr old land rover defender for more than its 2012 list price. 

I am not sure the point you're trying to make? 

3 minutes ago, fled said:

I recently bought a 8yr old land rover defender for more than its 2012 list price. 

I am not sure the point you're trying to make? 

I am not trying to make any point, my friend I have a distinct impression you are bad news waiting to happen, very brexitty in your aggression.

I just gave some info showing the new price of the preamp you showed an interest in and the sad fact that the highly regarding SJS no longer makes them

I owned an old land rover once upon a time, pile of crap, good luck with that as well

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

I am not trying to make any point, my friend I have a distinct impression you are bad news waiting to happen, very brexitty in your aggression.

I just gave some info showing the new price of the preamp you showed an interest in and the sad fact that the highly regarding SJS no longer makes them

I owned an old land rover once upon a time, pile of crap, good luck with that as well

You need to do some fact checking: http://sjselectroacoustics.blogspot.com/

Like many people in small industries, Simon might not be the best at updating old websites, but that doesn't mean anything.

Edited by rabski
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
32 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

just checked the sjs website and this is on their front page

a r c a d i a
Line Level Preamplifiers

All Units are now SOLD and no longer in production, any future availability is uncertain

UK Retail Price: Model 1: £995, Model 2: £1995

http://www.sjselectroacoustics.co.uk/ArcadiaLinePre.htm

Get a grip on facts before leaping in and denegrating both a superb 'brand' and one of the most genuine manufacturers & people in the business.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Simon sold a totally checked and refurbed unit on Pinkfish just a couple of months ago so this should give you some idea of what price to pay, taking into account that you might not know the history of what you are getting.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/fs-sjs-arcadia-model-1-line-preamp.236441/

Edited by mr.me
  • Like 1

Gentlemen, we do not swear at each other unless it is in jest with someone we know.

One more instance of what I have just had to remove, and yet another member will be taking a holiday unexpectedly. If you cannot keep it civil, step away from the computer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

Not sure what brexit has to do with this thread. I am sorry you want to berate my wish to improve my system. But if your happy then go ahead. 

Always one:doh:

Simon's amplifiers are indeed fabulous 

Not sure if @robin had or still has one. I know it was at a day out at his when I spent the day listening to it and I believe the phono stage too. Really great kit.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mr.me said:

Simon sold a totally checked and refurbed unit on Pinkfish just a couple of months ago so this should give you some idea of what price to pay, taking into account that you might not know the history of what you are getting.

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/fs-sjs-arcadia-model-1-line-preamp.236441/

That would have suited me. If I hadn't ditherd around. Oh well another we be along. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Really don`t get the way this thread has gone,

I came here firstly to recommend an ARC preamp that when I saw was way outside of the posters budget I did not mention.

I also came here because as per some of my other postings and pm`s I am also looking for a new preamp.

I investigated the SJS brand because I have respect for the people who post here and was curious for the poster and myself to discover more.

I reported , directly from their own website that they appeared to no longer produce preamps or amps for sale

I did this not out of malice but simply to pass on information, THEIR OWN, SJS` as posted on THEIR main webpage  INFORMATION, not mine

and got grief, insults and border line threats.

This seems to be the state of the UK today, and it saddens me

Edited by stevebrown

Maybe if you had not insinuated that the OP's landrover was "a pile of crap" that you might of got a more measured response.