Tim F

Wanted - IPad around £200

Not really, anyway thanks for the recommendation :) I meant no offence.

I prefer to buy from a private sellers. I've never had any issues with that and you can see the actual item when buying. 

IPad Air 2 from Ebay £195

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grade-A-Apple-iPad-Air-2-64GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-White-iOS-12/183034986789?hash=item2a9dbc4125%3Ag%3Ayn0AAOSwy7xc0rkN&LH_BIN=1

IPad Air 2 from Music Magpie £300

https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/store/products/apple-ipad-air-2-wi-fi-64gb-space-grey-7893e01a-f555-4895-a3f4-fec0b49ea228

Super Wammer

What model do you want? We have an iPad mini and an older ipad that we don’t need. But we are away from home so can’t check model numbers right now. 

It's for a friend, so let me know what you've got when back and I'll check. Mainly for web etc. so doesn't need to be very high spec (wifi only for instance). Just not too old as I know Apple occasionally brick the old models, I got caught out a while back with an IPad 2. 

Cheers, Tim

Super Wammer

Tim what does ‘brick old models’ mean please? Do you mean that they don’t work?

Super Wammer
20 hours ago, DomT said:

Tim what does ‘brick old models’ mean please? Do you mean that they don’t work?

Apple have the lovely habit of upgrading the firmware and OS on units which either are able to work or make an older model stop working after you upgrade . Thye will then either decline to fix the issue or ofeer to do so for a price that is very close to the cost of a new model . I think it is there idea that they are a cutting edge tech company and everyone should only own there latest and greatest and most expensive new model .

• Upvote 1

A friend of mine, who works in sound post production for movies, said that he never does the software upgrades. When I asked him what he did when it bricked, he said he just gave it away to whoever could be bothered to sort it.......