bigrod

Help me choose a turntable..

Recommended Posts

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Scheu analog Diamond TT. Designed for the lady in your life (other colours are available) Excellent turntables too!

image.jpeg.152769fa0b0d0667f636030797878b84.jpeg

Edited by greybeard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Brinkmann Bardo. Picked mine up used for £2.5k with no arm, and fitted my OL Encounter 3C. 

15843815765985159961977750216830.jpg

Edited by Lurch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Iceman 16 said:

Anybody heard one..

That's plenty industrial..

Kindest regards Julian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Scheu analog Diamond TT. Designed for the lady in your life (other colours are available) Excellent turntables too!

image.jpeg.152769fa0b0d0667f636030797878b84.jpeg

She loves her lipsticks but even Diane would think that may be a step too far.

Kindest regards Julian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you suggest one?


Not sure I understand? I was seconding your pick in terms of its industrial appearance.

I made a few picks higher up in the thread. I also think the Brinkman below is a great pick


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
18 minutes ago, bigrod said:

She loves her lipsticks but even Diane would think that may be a step too far.

Other colours are available :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a metal plinth cover you can lift off when you play it.

Personally I'd change Diane, but then I'm married to someone who says (and I quote), "it's your hobby, have what you want"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

@bigrod we really need to know what you want to achieve sonically. Something similar to the LP12? Or something completely different. Otherwise it’s just a lot of random ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
Just now, DomT said:

@bigrod we really need to know what you want to achieve sonically. Something similar to the LP12? Or something completely different. Otherwise it’s just a lot of random ideas.

I love the sound of the LP12 ,ITTOK and Cadenza bronze..never misses a beat..tracks extremely well..quite neutral..

Match made in heaven.. fortunately it will remain part of a good second system..

But I am very open minded to try something different..

I have a good ear..but wanted some idea what wammers thought about some newer hi-end decks

I listen to absolutely every genre. 

So the table has got to perform across all styles of music..

Part of that can , to some degree  be improved with the right arm and cartridge combination..

Kindest regards Julian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
10 hours ago, bigrod said:

Diane is adamant that my inspire/LP12 cannot be on permanent display....it will be resigned to the man cave.. this is the only turntable I have used for 40yrs

So c'mon guys and gals 

What turntable should I choose..second hand ,

The term Diane has quoted is an industrial engineering look..whatever that means ffs

Second hand £3500 budget...could squeeze a bit more for the right turntable

 With worried anticipation ..

Kindest regards Julian 

Sit Diane down with the magazines and then sit her on ebay turntables and get her to choose - seems she is wearing the trousers 

:sofa:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
6 hours ago, uzzy said:

Sit Diane down with the magazines and then sit her on ebay turntables and get her to choose - seems she is wearing the trousers 

:sofa:

Everything in life has some compromise...

Give us something to do when we're on lockdown.

Kindest regards Julian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bigrod said:

Everything in life has some compromise...

Give us something to do when we're on lockdown.

Kindest regards Julian 

I think you need to rethink your plans for passing the time. Choosing a new TT wouldn't be top of my list if I was locked in a house with the woman I loved and nothing to do

Edited by Leem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, Leem said:

I think you need to rethink your plans for passing the time. Choosing a new TT wouldn't be top of my list if I was locked in a house with the woman I loved and nothing to do

Agreed! She would be in the kitchen cooking me all my favourite foods; my wife is a wonderful cook!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer

On a more serious note there are some wood turntables that don’t look like wood if they have a piano lacquer finish on them. Would that work? I ask because I have heard my Lenco directly against the LP12 and they sit in the same camp sonically. Inspire Hifi do the Enigma. Inspire did a custom version for me. And it is very much below budget and punches well above it’s weight. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, DomT said:

Agreed! She would be in the kitchen cooking me all my favourite foods; my wife is a wonderful cook!! 

We move in together friday in our new house ...Diane is not a great cook to be honest..fortunately I can cook..

But she is a great interior designer...as for choosing a new TT and doing nothing else...we gonna have plenty of time for date nights as it looks like her 14 schools are going to close...big meeting today of all heads and principles..As usual Diane is more worried about the safe guarding issues of children not being in a safe place..this is a truly horrendous issue for many kids who are being abused in one form or another...

Kindest regards Julian 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.