Battle of the Brits? Harbeth P3ESR & Rogers LS3/5a

tIANcI

15 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Room modes yes of course how vexing.

We will all just have to use tiny toy speakers with no bass.

Keith

I wrote a nice long reply. But it got lost. I think I’ll just say this.

Keith ... go get some help. You need help. You mess up threads with your darn insults/snide remarks.

World out there is in a mess. Would be nice to come here for a bit of escapism but end up reading your shitty remarks.

If not for forum rules, I would love to use the most vulgar language now. But again, people like you got their head stuck up their own arse that they will never see how ugly they make things.

Just learn to respect others. Can’t you do that? Do we need the shitty remarks?

Edited by tIANcI
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Yes it’s a bit boring but you will get through it, good time to test out those speakers. 

I got crisps, Marks & Spencer biscuits, Magnum ice cream and snacks! 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
15 minutes ago, tIANcI said:

I wrote a nice long reply. But it got lost. I think I’ll just say this.

Keith ... go get some help. You need help. You mess up threads with your darn insults/snide remarks.

World out there is in a mess. Would be nice to come here for a bit of escapism but end up reading your shitty remarks.

If not for forum rules, I would love to use the most vulgar language now. But again, people like you got their head stuck up their own arse that they will never see how ugly they make things.

Just learn to respect others. Can’t you do that? Do we need the shitty remarks?

Excellent 👍🏻
something seriously wrong with him

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, tIANcI said:

I got crisps, Marks & Spencer biscuits, Magnum ice cream and snacks! 😬

All the essentials then, lol. I got rice bread, milk, meat, fish, pasta, porridge etc. 

My test was negative so I can go out now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A long detailed review would be great - I think we all need some welcome distraction at the moment.

Edited by CnoEvil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PuritéAudio said:

Yes of course I had forgotten.

Could you just remind me why?

Keith

Give it rest Keith, the world has more important things to worry about than your sarky comments. Notwithstanding that, I hope all small businesses, including yours,  manage to survive the current problems. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

All the essentials then, lol. I got rice bread, milk, meat, fish, pasta, porridge etc. 

My test was negative so I can go out now.

That’s great news! Back to the pub? 😂

3 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

We need a long detailed review - I think we all need some welcome distraction at the moment.

Sssssshhhh ... don’t call it a review. This thread will get moved. It’s a comparative  observation. 😬

Edited by tIANcI

On 17/03/2020 at 19:34, PuritéAudio said:

Room modes yes of course how vexing.

We will all just have to use tiny toy speakers with no bass.

Keith

You know I'm interested in this thread and the OPs evaluation of the speakers. I'm also interested to read other Wammers views both pros and cons. What i don't wanna read is a sh***y comment as the first thing someone says after the OP has created an interesting thread. It's just some fun and I bloody want some fun, OK Keith? If you are just gonna fill up this thread with a load of sarky, negative comments then please just take them elsewhere. No one is forcing you to read this thread if you don't like these kind of speakers. A lot of us do like them and no, we are not going to justify why with endless measurements again and again. Everytime I read a thread these days you are just trolling with pointless posts, it's really killing the Wam for me. Thank you. 

Edited by Turn it up!
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 7

Super Wammer
43 minutes ago, tIANcI said:

That’s great news! Back to the pub? 😂

Sssssshhhh ... don’t call it a review. This thread will get moved. It’s a comparative  observation. 😬

No, you can review all you like, the review section is for ‘official’ wam reviewers 

it would be nice that the person who starts a thread can choose to block trolls and annoying members 👍🏻

could be an interesting thread on two monitors so carry on.. Did you put the Harbeths back to std spec for a fair comparison?

• Upvote 1

I'm also interested to know how each speaker does with just the human voice as this is an area that Alan Shaw of Harbeth talks about. Any chance you can try some spoken word on both of them?

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
5 minutes ago, Turn it up! said:

I'm also interested to know how each speaker does with just the human voice as this is an area that Alan Shaw of Harbeth talks about. Any chance you can try some spoken word on both of them?

Cheers

The Ls35a's were designed for outside broadcast vans, so the spoken word was mainly what they were designed for, I have a pair, and can vouch for how good they are with vocals, and the spoken word. Unfortunately I have not heard the Harbeths so cannot vouch for them, but I have heard nothing but good things.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, radiant red said:

No, you can review all you like, the review section is for ‘official’ wam reviewers 

it would be nice that the person who starts a thread can choose to block trolls and annoying members 👍🏻

could be an interesting thread on two monitors so carry on.. Did you put the Harbeths back to std spec for a fair comparison?

Aaaah ... okay, it’s for official wam reviewers. I shall return the P3ESR to the original configuration aka Non-Heresy version. It’s a mere 3 min fix.

12 minutes ago, Turn it up! said:

Cheers

Great idea. I’ll get some tracks with just speech alone too. Will say Giorgio by Daft Punk work? 😂

Daft punk ….by boris  as his speech errrr arrrr hummmm errrrr will be portrayed perfectly.....:D

• Haha 2

My MAD 1920s are probably very similar, except they have better bass, in fact I'm currently listening to dub reggae on them without a sub and it sounds great

• Like 1