Lurch

Lurches Southcoast SOD THE VIRUS Bake Off, SUNDAY May 17TH, PO19

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Corona Virus permitting, it's BO time again. Usual timings 10am - 7ish.

Room for 10 - 12 Attendees. 

My system in the main room, hopefully the 989s will be back and behaving themselves. 

This time in the Playroom I would like to start off by putting my 2nd system (Stan Curtis era Cambridge C50 pre & 2x A50 bridged monos) through it's paces with a nice tt and other good sources. Speaker choices for this will be JPW Sonata and Kef 104ab. I think the JPW/Cambridge combo will surprise people with what it can do. 

This will then be followed by the usual run what ya brung routine. 

My Extra Crispy, Triple Fried, Maris Piper Chips will be on offer as always. 

NEWBIES ALWAYS WELCOME. 

Attendees 

Amormusic

Jules_S 

Bigfool1956 

Maverick 

Jessica_k

Snoopdog 

Baggawire 

Awkwardbydesign ? 

Speedracer 

wizmax

chrisph ? 

Joolz ? 

Kit list

VP12/S6

Jessica_k Phono

WAD 6550

Edited by Lurch
kit/Attendees
  • Like 1

Yes please. I couldn't make the last one, but would like to come to this. CV19 permitting and all that.

I've saw the pic on other thread. The old school cambridge looks lovely btw.

Cheers, Pete

Super Wammer

Love to come along please John, Covid-19 permitting. ^_^ I can bring my ProJect TT if you're looking for something a little less esoteric to use with your second system.

Super Wammer

Count me in unless covid-19 counts me out.

• Like 1

I'd love to come down stopping en route via daughters' place in High Wycombe, obviously will depend if me and / or the girls are isolating

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I am up for it as long as my partner and I stay heathy (she works in a surgery so a bit more at risk) 

I will bring the VP12 with the S6 arm (yes it is finally been upgraded) my phono stage with all the boards now fitted and in its production form (China has sent the PCB’s), my usual mains purifier and a WAD kat6550. 

if Jack is coming, and I have not done it by then, I will bring his Monarchy’s and pre

Stay well everyone 

Jessica xxx

hope you make it Jessica, my wife is a Practice Manager so could be a vector :nerves:

• Like 1

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, Maverick said:

hope you make it Jessica, my wife is a Practice Manager so could be a vector :nerves:

My partner is a dispenser and receptionist, it is a village surgery so has its own dispensary but like all surgeries it is on kinda shutdown, even with footfall reduced the workload has increased hugely, she was 2 hours late last night

and the masks issued by NHS England have an expiry date of 2022 on a sticker, peel that off and it says "Expires 2016" and this is important

meanwhile I'm making sanitizer sprays for old folk that I know, just a little thing but it might help - although IPA (not the beer ;) ) is like rocking horse droppings

Yes please John!

6 hours ago, Maverick said:

and the masks issued by NHS England have an expiry date of 2022 on a sticker, peel that off and it says "Expires 2016" and this is important

meanwhile I'm making sanitizer sprays for old folk that I know, just a little thing but it might help - although IPA (not the beer ;) ) is like rocking horse droppings

Surgical spirit is still available in some chemists.  That's what I am using.

Yes please John.

30 minutes ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Surgical spirit is still available in some chemists.  That's what I am using.

another litre arrived today, 5 more on the way

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, Jessica_k said:

I am up for it as long as my partner and I stay heathy (she works in a surgery so a bit more at risk) 

I will bring the VP12 with the S6 arm (yes it is finally been upgraded) my phono stage with all the boards now fitted and in its production form (China has sent the PCB’s), my usual mains purifier and a WAD kat6550. 

if Jack is coming, and I have not done it by then, I will bring his Monarchy’s and pre

Stay well everyone 

Jessica xxx

With that lot of kit coming you won't be needing my puny little TT! :D It will be good to see and hear the S6, and your fab phono stage of course.

Stay happy everyone, hope to catch up with you all at the BO.

Jules

Posted (edited)

I'll come John. Thanks.

Added later: Ive mentioned this to my daughter and she is dead against me coming. Also, though it pains me to say this, I would  almost certainly be in breach of Govt. self isolation rules or guidelines as it will have been my 71st birthday 3 days beforehand.

So, where I have been protecting her all her life, the boot's on the other foot now and she is protecting me.  I must bow out.

Jack NSM

Edited by Non-Smoking Man
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1