DomT

Proac Tablette 10 vs Harbeth P3ESR etc

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Tarzan said:

@DomT The ProAcs do need some running in- was told this by the dealer and ProAc themselves- also told by ProAc to purchase the vanilla Tab 10 over the Siggies.... listening to mine now and they are super smooth- this is with some valves in the chain- could you try moving the speakers around a little also?:geek:

These are Proac’s demo T10 so well run in. Proac also recommended to my dealer non-sigs. I think that they need tubes a bit like the Senheiser HD800s do. I listened for about 5 hours yesterday but got a bit of a headache. The sound was ok to good for a lot of the time but on occasions too hot.

We are moving to Portugal so the room is similar but will be different. Need to think about how much streaming I will do vs other sources as analogue inputs sound better.

Would prefer a richer sound though. The B&W707S2 are richer compared side by side to Proac Anniversaries; the B&Ws were sooo much smoother but they seemed to lack something. But a dealer and some reviewers and owners have said that the 707S2s have a forwardness which I find weird.

However whatever I choose I will use for mixing and this is complicating things. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I have mad a schoolboy error and completely forgot that the 45cm of oak desk in front of the Proacs and the synth etc sitting on top of said table were not helping with this forwardness. Have just placed a four times folded woollen blanket on top of the entire table and the sound is much more balanced now. What an idiot. I blame all of the Coronavirus memes that I am being sent for making me crazy and forget the basics. 

Maybe these will be ok? More listening to do. 

• Like 1