Nearly bewildered

A bitter pill isnt the tablet!

My linx 12 decided to stop charging last night.. Grrr so i got my acer laptop rigged up instead..same jolida dac, same usb cable, same 96/24 ( i checked the laptop setting to make sure)  i then thought it sounds different? Cant be..its my hifi neuroses rearing its ugly head (again 🤣) anyway my linx started working again..i just got it going..( come on neighbours everyone loves jazz at 6. 30 am! Lol) however im now quite sure it sounds different!  but it shouldn't should it?  Any explanations would be most welcome..thanks 🙂 

Super Wammer

Might be my 'digital ignorance', but what is the linx 12?

Nurse!, we have a patient who forgot to take his tablet!

:sofa:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

Might be my 'digital ignorance', but what is the linx 12?

Its a hybrid laptop/ tablet...it only does one job! And thats to stream qobuz into my dac..that's it! Its been nothing but annoying.. However when it decides to work? Its ok..( i have a cyrus and a quad cd player which only work when they can be bothered!  Lol..but when they work...brilliant! ) 

Super Wammer

Thus starts the eternal debate on sound quality of streaming vs cd 😩

16 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

Thus starts the eternal debate on sound quality of streaming vs cd 😩

Really? Noooo...i was interested in why my laptop should sound different to my tablet? By rights it shouldn't do..weird? Or maybe im weird?  Lol

10 minutes ago, mr neds said:

I'm no expert, but i'm assuming its the difference in components that handle the stream in each device?

Yes thats the only explanation i can think of?  The other thing that possible is burn in? The acer has never been used to stream? ( the cheaper linx 12 sounds better than the acer!) 

1 minute ago, mr neds said:

Come on you experts! The suspense is killing us..........:|

They all at tesco stockpiling sherry! 🤣

Super Wammer
Just now, mr neds said:

Come on you experts! The suspense is killing us..........:|

Don't look at me I am a novice with streaming.   As for PCs and tablets playing music . well I got my missus an ipad but perhaps it is just me I hate Apple devices .. probably because I spent most of my life playing on PCs and DOS and WIndows Operating systems (I installed the very first PCs at a large financial institution the original Apple PCs with 7inch floppy discs using DB Master software to create data bases) set up the first off board back up facility (with a massive few megabytes of storage .. then changed then for IBMs with a massive 10megabyte hard drive lol.   

All I do know is the more modern the PC it is likely to have a faster processor and increased memory speed .. my new one with the latest generation i5 processor with 8 gig of RAM 512 gig  SDS memory s lightening fast compared to 7 year old i7 Acer (also with 8 gig of ram) it is operating at 150 gig internet download speed on wifi (the old one on wifi would only get up to  50 gig ) ... so perhaps that might make a difference but buggered if I know .... 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
3 hours ago, mr neds said:

Thank you, wise one.........:whistle:

:bouncey: