bigrod

Free very special hifi rack..

Super Wammer

I built this rack from the ground up..using stuff from a building site..

It was built to compliment the structure of the subfloor ..it is very heavy..but comes in 3 pieces..you can bang the top shelf with a fist downwards and the stylus don't blink..I don't know how it would work on a different floor..this stands on a layered damped column 1.5 m deep under flexible screed and tile....basic parts are filled  copper columns, concrete floor cores, travertine shelves. Resin encased steel knife edge bolt spikes..tiles would crack on points..when I assembled it 15 yrs ago the final record player level was achieved by using Epoxy self leveling screed blended with pure zinc and black carbon to reduce RF from below.?... no harm in having a guess...this is as level as it gets..gravity rules..it has never moved.. it ain't pretty and modern..its what it is...I just built what I thought from experience..but it works in this space sonically and visually.. it adds no character to the music ..

It needs a new home ?

Kindest regards Julian 

20200318_191251.thumb.jpg.1bf46fc4f7eff34b738aa901e712a09c.jpg

• Like 2

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Is the glass of wine included?

Edited by TheFlash

this is a cool looking rack and is very solid.  big thumbs up for your generosity Julian 👍🏻 👍🏻 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
12 hours ago, TheFlash said:

typical :D 

• Haha 1

i've seen this rack, and the aforementioned 'banging the top shelf with your fist whilst a record is playing'

the record player, a bouncy lp12, didn't skip a beat. was almost unervving!

top wamming Julian. :)

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, TheFlash said:

There will be plenty of wine when I have a bake off at our new house.. when we're up and running.

Kindest regards Julian 

• Upvote 1

On 19/03/2020 at 10:17, belloire said:

i've seen this rack, and the aforementioned 'banging the top shelf with your fist whilst a record is playing'

the record player, a bouncy lp12, didn't skip a beat. was almost unervving!

top wamming Julian. :)

seen the size of your hands belloire. Must be a sturdy bit of kit.  

This looks really interesting. Any chance you could take a picture or two in daylight that show a little more of how it looks?

Btw love all the plants in the room, marvellous.q

Super Wammer

Hi Julian have you managed to find a new home for your rack ? If not could I amke a bid for it after things change and we are allowed out to collect things. I am looking for a rack with a big bottom shelf as I need to put either a Krell KSA50 or a Croft OTL power amp on it and both are slightly larger than normal . What you have would be perfect provided the space on the bottom is big enough . Not able to see from the pictures but would there be scope to increase the size ?

Super Wammer

Apologies to everyone..

I have been working double shifts overnight and the Wam was on my least to do list..

Now back in the land of the normal folk..sent PMS to various members on stuff I had on here regarding who wants what on an ease of dispatch and who contacted first..

Hope I haven't offended anyone 

Kindest regards Julian