Sign in to follow this  
Monitor Gold Ten

Macallan Gold.

Really enjoying my first glass this evening. John Martyn, warm glow of the Valves and candles is adding to the atmosphere. 

I'm just getting into Whiskey. Any other suggestions at a reasonable price? 

Kind regards, Stu 👍 🥃

• Like 1

On 19/03/2020 at 23:52, Monitor Gold Ten said:

Really enjoying my first glass this evening. John Martyn, warm glow of the Valves and candles is adding to the atmosphere. 

I'm just getting into Whiskey. Any other suggestions at a reasonable price? 

Kind regards, Stu 👍 🥃

Highland park is very good..bunnahabhain stiruridreadair is excellent!  I just bought a few bottles of johnnie walker ' white' reduced at asda £18 each..its quite nice! Japanese 'toki' whisky is sometimes reduced..its a bit of a aquired taste..but once you get used to it? Very nice.... I have drunk many whiskies in my time..bunnahabhain stiruridreadair is my go to whisky..its unaged as many whiskies seem to be nowadays.. First dram ' bit rough'  lol second dram ' actually quite flavoursome' third dram ' im not sharing this whisky ' lol...

• Like 1

I prefer Irish Whiskey to Scottish Whisky. Irish Whiskey does not generally have the peat flavour as the malted barley is not heated/smoked over peat and it is usually triple distilled giving a purer ethanol. 

I find Irish Whiskey  is smoother than all but the more expensive Scottish single malts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AntA said:

I prefer Irish Whiskey to Scottish Whisky. Irish Whiskey does not generally have the peat flavour as the malted barley is not heated/smoked over peat and it is usually triple distilled giving a purer ethanol. 

I find Irish Whiskey  is smoother than all but the more expensive Scottish single malts. 

I saw a review of whiskies according to bartenders in new york ( and I guess they should know! ) and every whisky which was chosen was irish whisky! No japanese,  no scottish, no taiwan whisky! So you might be right..

• Like 1