knaithrover

Our lives at the moment....

Hope you are all keeping safe

Interested to hear your stories around the current worldwide situation and how this is affecting you

Music helps

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Boro eh?. I know that place!. Weyaye, it’s doon sooth man, innit?.

0333DDF7-DB7A-473E-A0E3-E5078DB23224.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, knaithrover said:

Music helps

My word doesn't it just Steve. I seem to be defaulting to my comfort music zone, perhaps others are doing the same. In the light of your picture I might dig out Bongo Fury though ! Can't offer a perspective from over the pond though, Nottingham here. Keep Cool ;-)

Edit - I'll add that I got a bit blue yesterday, the news can be overwhelming. I'm very fortunate, I don't live alone and we chatted and have formulated the simplest of plans to limit screen news time, get in the garden and get walking every day, which is what we love doing anyway. It made me think of those with anxiety/depression issues who may also live alone and have limited support - I was thinking of starting a 'share your thoughts if you are blue' sort of thread. I think we're all coming to realise that we take comfort stability and when that's undermined it can affect anyone.

Anyway, all those leaves were being cleared up at 7am and it's looking pretty tidy -and we're just going to check on the river Trent in a bit !

Edited by Ian
  • Like 6

Its a lovely spring morning here on the southcoast..birds are singing..i have just washed my house keys in spray bleach! The wind is gently murmering through  the sunny Garden..i was wondering how long a virus lives on fabric?..i bought some vegetable seeds yesterday i missed Gardening..i noticed yesterday how clear the air is its really beautiful outside.. Dont think ill go out again for a while..so ill stay in..im currently listening to the church service on radio four and its making me somewhat angry! Think ill just listen to radio three..my daughter told me how bored she was?  I told her get used to it, better than being dead! Im lucky i can occupy myself all day..just yesterday i compared three of my interconnects with each other!  Today ill do it again but a extended listen just to make sure! Then later up in the loft i go to bring down my old amps and see what they sound like? I have about a thousand lp's to listen to..i can compare them with the same recordings on qobuz! Cool...😎 stay safe, follow the goverments advice..and try not to worry ( easier said than done) 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

just yesterday i compared three of my interconnects with each other!  Today ill do it again but a extended listen just to make sure!

And you say your daughter is bored.?

xD

• Haha 4

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Beautiful morning here in Cornwall, got up early and made Jan a cup of tea (well it is Mothers day!) Then wiped all surfaces and handles, with Steri-7Xtra (weapons grade disinfectant, I'm told 9_9) May attempt to cut the grass later, but if not I have a Lenco 69 in the shed that needs a service and some TLC, also a couple of friends, have pieces of hi-fi they want me to check over (Rega planar 3 speed issues, and a Pioneer amp with a noisy pot) so should keep going for a couple of days!

Stay safe all, and enjoy the music :)  

Well that's the seasons first rough cut of the grass done, now for a cup of Peggy Lee, then on with the old Lenco. Happy days :)

Edited by greybeard
  • Like 5

most of my photo trips planned for this year gone ( cancelled flights, WamShow) so I have decided to document our lockdown daily life... we're educating our son from home and music never ends ( I'm listening to my library all the time, put on one disk the ones I still like and disk B is reserved for the rest) 

Hope you all stay safe & healthy!

• Like 4

Excellent, an opportunity to get away from the doom mongers and look at the positives :notworthy:

Many of us suddenly and unexpectedly have the most precious gift of all: free time. A perfect opportunity to get on with building things, sorting stuff around the house and garden and just enjoying what we have. As others have said, it's also an opportunity to properly enjoy music.

For the world outside, an unexpected side effect is vastly reduced levels of pollution everywhere. With luck, when we all come out on the other side of this, we might have learned a few valuable lessons about what is and isn't genuinely important and how much time and resources we all waste through doing things that aren't really necessary.

This morning we are going to have a family Internet get together for Mothers' Day. This afternoon, I will try and mend the fence (again) and this evening, I am going to play music. Loud. In view of the some of the posts above, I haven't had a Beefheart and Zappa night for a while, so it's about time.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Enjoying the start of spring in the Hebrides - I can think of worse places to be in lockdown. Very strange that it is so quiet though, visitors staying away for the most part, although growing concern about some that are using remote places as bolt holes to ride out the pandemic, so it may not be long before the ferries are restricted to use by residents and essential services. Not surprisingly, camper van owners are some of the worst offenders :grrr:

• Like 4

Super Wammer

Another sunny tranquil morning in Portugal with very few COVID19 cases and a lockdown in place and very strict measures in shops........about to be interrupted by a flight to the more severe U.K. that is taking a much more relaxed approach. If it wasn’t for our house move we wouldn’t come back. 

So long as you follow WHO advice there is not a lot to worry about if you are not in a vulnerable group. We are all dying anyway and if anything this current situation should focus us all on what it is most important in life. For me it’s music and food.

3EF232E7-A908-45A6-AEBF-101CF94780FC.jpeg

• Like 5

I'm in full on gardening mode , it's big so plenty to do , out with the dog twice a day , same as most years really . There are four of us , daughter working from home but two at work (NHS) so there is some concern there .

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

And you say your daughter is bored.?

xD

It seems im a front line worker so back to work tomorrow..always something to do at my job! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Been out getting food for us ,and my mum .But just leaving it on her door step.Got a 16 year old son ,he does not live with me .He came over yestuday.Just pluggeg our guitars in and jammed most of the day.Would like to ask opinions on if i should just stop him coming over now ?.He has always spent most of the school hols ,weekends  with me.but im worried if i just let him over for the same amount of time,im doing the wrong thing ?.Makes me sad,and could tell ,he feels the same.Last night ,just a few albums ,and watched a bit of the pink panther on tv.take care all of you.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
22 minutes ago, mattykyuss said:

Been out getting food for us ,and my mum .But just leaving it on her door step.Got a 16 year old son ,he does not live with me .He came over yestuday.Just pluggeg our guitars in and jammed most of the day.Would like to ask opinions on if i should just stop him coming over now ?.He has always spent most of the school hols ,weekends  with me.but im worried if i just let him over for the same amount of time,im doing the wrong thing ?.Makes me sad,and could tell ,he feels the same.Last night ,just a few albums ,and watched a bit of the pink panther on tv.take care all of you.

https://www.who.int

This is the best place to read about what you should and shouldn’t do. 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
39 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

It seems im a front line worker so back to work tomorrow..always something to do at my job! 

Thanks so much for doing what you do for the rest of us!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2