knaithrover

Our lives at the moment....

Super Wammer
11 minutes ago, Three sheds said:

Our garden waste collections were cancelled a few days ago. Long grass won't do any harm for a while!

The wildlife will love it.

There will be an explosion of nature..fact...

Kindest regards Julian 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

On a more personal note while on lock down we will miss  my granddaughters  6 th birthday on friday. And I brought her ,her first proper pro drum kit..

But it is what it is..in the scheme of things personally I have been lucky for more than 60 years ,and theres been a lot who couldn't say that..

Be grateful every time you wake up..Human kindness will get us through this..its happened hundreds of times in human existence...WE'RE  STILL HERE..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 2

Super Wammer

Bloody hell, 22 pages and not a waterfall plot or graph in sight. 

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

And sods law, not 24hrs after the lock down announcement OTA have informed me my 989s are now repaired and ready for collection. 

I'm on the Southcoast and OTA are in bloody Coventry, hmm a 322 mile round trip solo drive, now can I get away with it without being stopped and fined. Or do I wait till September/this time next year to retrieve them?? 

10 minutes ago, Lurch said:

And sods law, not 24hrs after the lock down announcement OTA have informed me my 989s are now repaired and ready for collection. 

I'm on the Southcoast and OTA are in bloody Coventry, hmm a 322 mile round trip solo drive, now can I get away with it without being stopped and fined. Or do I wait till September/this time next year to retrieve them?? 

Sounds like essential shopping to me.

My hours in work reduced by half! Oh well life goes on.

Now that's tricky , how do you convince plod its an essential journey...…...they have been stopping vehicles round here jct 2 m42 

hopwood services …………….you need a wammer trucker ...put a wam taxi call out.

55 minutes ago, Three sheds said:

Our garden waste collections were cancelled a few days ago. Long grass won't do any harm for a while!

Ours was collected last week, do you have to pay for yours? 

Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Our local council have started to charge fir garden waste collecting...£40 per bin each year - I did point out that I'm paying £2600 council tax so they've a ***** cheek but they have totally deaf ears 

43 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You've got your Sonatas now, what more do you want :D

21 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Thankfully no, but paying for it would be a problem each time I fill the bin with my neighbour's tree cuttings - why I cut my neighbour's eucalyptus tree is a rather annoying story!

I'm self employed and 95% of workload comes from bars & nightclubs. Not looking very good at all at this end :-( 

Still, there's a roof over my head and I've got records to listen to.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MF 1000 said:

Our local council have started to charge fir garden waste collecting...£40 per bin each year - I did point out that I'm paying £2600 council tax so they've a ***** cheek but they have totally deaf ears 

Wow thats a lot of council tax, thought I was paying a lot at 1800

Council tax, one thing I don't miss paying. Possibly one of the few advantages of living in a Vicarage.

My work week has not been affected... yet. I can't work from home as I repair electronic equipment using a large classified test rig.

Shopping is crazy, limited to 2 of anything if you can find anything. No compulsory isolation yet.

Autumn has just started so the weather is starting to cool a bit.

Both my wife and I have asthma and being over 60 are probably not in the better groups if infected.

Stay safe folks.

I have a pair of kit speakers to build and an LP12 that is waiting for the GH228 to be fitted, so if locked down can keep busy.

• Upvote 1