knaithrover

Our lives at the moment....

I'm not so sure about all the criticism of Maggie De Block, I find myself strangely drawn to her. It could just be physical thing or perhaps she has her own gravitational field and possibly an orbiting satellite.  

• Haha 4

The small point being missed is that these face masks were destroyed some time ago and the advice at the time was that there was no need to replace them, as there were plenty at hand for the specific use (dentistry).

Every story has the ability to be read in many ways.

Source of information: Belgian dentist we were talking to this morning. She is quite senior in the heirarchy there and involved somewhat above the level of normal practice work.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Three sheds said:

Thankfully no, but paying for it would be a problem each time I fill the bin with my neighbour's tree cuttings - why I cut my neighbour's eucalyptus tree is a rather annoying story!

My area is £45 per green bin (garden), I don't pay as I have a small garden, not enough waste usually. Grass cuttings can be just put on the borders. Next door lets me use theirs if I have some hedge/tree cuttings. 

Edited by BeeRay

Super Wammer
6 hours ago, Tony_J said:

Having the septic tank emptied this morning - driver and I keeping safe distance. I wonder how long CO-19 survives in sewage...?:shock:

Nothing would survive in your sewage..the alcohol content is very high..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, AntA said:

I'm not so sure about all the criticism of Maggie De Block, I find myself strangely drawn to her. It could just be physical thing or perhaps she has her own gravitational field and possibly an orbiting satellite.  

It's called a gravity well..

Kindest regards Julian 

Super Wammer
On 22/03/2020 at 19:09, rdale said:

I was just listening to the African part of 'Sonideros' which is my favourite program all week on Spanish RNE Radio 3, and I heard clapping. I went out on my balcony in the rain and I joined in and clapped with them for five minutes. I remembered it is a new custom to clap to thank medical staff at 8:00 on Sunday evenings in Spain, or 7:00 in the Canary Islands. I have to say it brought a tear to my eye.

Update on the medical staff appreciation in Spain in the evenings. We go out on our verandas and clap every night at 19:00, and then a convoy of police cars and an ambulance drives round the village. A great way to encourage community spirit!

santa_brigida_medico_thanks.thumb.jpg.16996375669c013877460fab93c90035.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Hard to know which thread to put this on but this was just lovely:

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I think Gary is doing one of these a day. Alfie Boe doing 'Don't Stop Me Now': utterly fantastic:

Super Wammer

Now if you want some different entertainment whilst holed up .. forget Garry and treat your ears to great songs great singing and great musicianship on you tube // Just search Daryl's House .. and then just play one after another and enjoy .. Here is a goodun (well i think so) 

Super Wammer

Oh and here is one of my favourites 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, uzzy said:

Oh and here is one of my favourites 

My word Uzzy, I enjoyed that. Tonight I shall dig out my copy of 'But Seriously Folks...', for reasons I can't recall the only record I still have from when I was a young 'un.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

After a 320 mile round trip my babies are back home and sound absolutely stunning. After a 9 months of being used to the sound and 6 weeks of playing with other decent replacements I had forgotten how good these 989s really are. 

And traffic.... What traffic, I've not seen the roads like this since the mid - late 70s. It was actually a pleasure to drive today. 

Didn't come in contact with anyone before anyone says I was dumb/stupid or whatever for collecting them. I had arranged to ring when I was at OTA, they would then deposit speakers & paperwork out front and shut their door, before I approached and loaded my car. 

15852345175741551560547481701301.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Great stuff .........glad you made it..................         happy now.