knaithrover

Our lives at the moment....

19 minutes ago, Lurch said:

After a 320 mile round trip my babies are back home and sound absolutely stunning. 

15852345175741551560547481701301.jpg

Serious question,I thought the UK was in lockdown? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Super Wammer

It is 🙄 but at the, moment they're concentrating on walking groups of more than 2 in parks, on beaches etc. Though I'm sure after the weekend when dickheads will take the piss once again, that more stringent measure will come in to play (hence why I chanced it today) such as commercial vehicles and private vehicles carrying essential workers only, on the roads between 8am and 4 pm. They have however been pulling over twats towing caravans who are obviously taking a tour in lue of working. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It is 🙄 but at the, moment they're concentrating on walking groups of more than 2 in parks, on beaches etc. Though I'm sure after the weekend when dickheads will take the piss once again, that more stringent measure will come in to play (hence why I chanced it today) such as commercial vehicles and private vehicles carrying essential workers only, on the roads between 8am and 4 pm. They have however been pulling over twats towing caravans who are obviously taking a tour in lue of working. 

So you are have broken the rules! Unfortunately this type of behaviour by entitled people will not help the situation at all. You may think, oh I have no symptoms but it has a long incubation period. Now let's say you are infected with the coronavirus (hope you are not) and whist driving you are involved in an accident. The paramedics turn up the police turn up, any number of these you could infect. Paramedicas carry on working till they develop symptoms of Coronavirus that they have caught off of you. In the meantime how many have they infected.

Sorry I don't mean to be a twat, but in these times people need to do the right thing and stay at home unless it's vital. 

I sincerely hope you derive so much pleasure from your system that it was worth the risk

Edited by Viven
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Viven said:

So you are have broken the rules! Unfortunately this type of behaviour by entitled people will not help the situation at all. You may think, oh I have no symptoms but it has a long incubation period. Now let's say you are infected with the coronavirus (hope you are not) and whist driving you are involved in an accident. The paramedics turn up the police turn up, any number of these you could infect. Paramedicas carry on working till they develop symptoms of Coronavirus that they have caught off of you. In the meantime how many have they infected.

Sorry I don't mean to be a twat, but in these times people need to do the right thing and stay at home unless it's vital. 

I sincerely hope you derive so much pleasure from your system that it was worth the risk

There is some logic to this comment. Although on reflection you could quite easily fall down stairs and break a hip and need emergency services. 

Edited by AntA

8 minutes ago, AntA said:

There is some logic to this comment. Although on reflection you could quite easily fall down stairs and break a hip and need emergency services. 

It is just one of many scenarios that could result in transmission of Covid-19. 

I am sorry if I come across as a bit rude but FFS what will it take for people to understand how serious this is. Some people may think the rules don't apply to them, but the rules apply to everyone. 

I live in Belgium and we have been in lockdown now for over a week, no its not fun and I probably don't have a job anymore at the end of this but I stay indoors and abide by the rules for the safety of myself and other citizens. 

Why should the medical profession risk their own lives when some people really don't think of others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Yes John, as much as we like your style and yourself as well, there is a serious side to it. Taking advantage of the clear roads is one thing but for a pair of speakers in a lockdown, I think I'd have to draw the line at that, even though I must admit I have thought about it :) I'm struggling with all this myself.

Like him or loath him this guy has got a fair point.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/piers-morgan-good-morning-britain-rant-coronavirus-people-outside-a4394466.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes lots of people breaking the rules. I thought buses were just for key workers now? 

People driving around in their cars, clearly not going shopping. 

Even saw a load of people playing football.  

This was on my bike ride, which is allowed for exercise. 

Super Wammer
9 hours ago, Ian said:

My word Uzzy, I enjoyed that. Tonight I shall dig out my copy of 'But Seriously Folks...', for reasons I can't recall the only record I still have from when I was a young 'un.

Oh dear you need to get The Smoker you drink is the player you get 

28 minutes ago, uzzy said:

Oh dear you need to get The Smoker you drink is the player you get 

What time have I got to go online and buy records ? :D

• Haha 1

On the upside- glad to see that Joe Walsh has still got it in spades. On the downside- shoppers in local Lidl not really taking this seriously. Waaaaay too close to each other and still no toilet paper. No lack of booze though :oj:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BeeRay said:

This was on my bike ride, which is allowed for exercise. 

Well let’s hope you don’t fall off, you might have to go to hospital with a broken leg :doh:.

1 hour ago, mr neds said:

still no toilet paper. No lack of booze though

You could wash your arse with beer...? :dunno:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Well let’s hope you don’t fall off, you might have to go to hospital with a broken leg :doh:.

That is the trouble though, how far do you go with being at home, us blokes do have trouble standing still for too long. I went out the garden earlier and thought I'd do some light work but ended up cutting my leg on some wire :roll: hopefully it'll be alright the last thing anybody wants is a trip to any hospitals.