knaithrover

Our lives at the moment....

4 hours ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

Another one to be completed is my Series 100. This is built with ground almonds rather than flour. It's been "challenging" finding flour. I did have some existing stock, but it was running low! 😱

I'll build one of these for the next Bake Off I attend. 👍👍👍

DSC_5108_compress2.jpg

Do you deliver? :22:.

Super Wammer
29 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

Do you deliver? :22:.

I might think about it... I could swap one for beer. And curry... 😎😎😎

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

I might think about it... I could swap one for beer. And curry... 😎😎😎

My curry would probably tastes like :td:, but would you accept Two cans of lager, and a packet of crisps.:upgrade:.

Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, jkbmusic said:

My curry would probably tastes like :td:, but would you accept Two cans of lager, and a packet of crisps.:upgrade:.

Two cans of lager and a tin of Pringles? 😎👍😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

Two cans of lager and a tin of Pringles? 😎👍😂

:wall: I ate my last tin of Pringles over a week ago. I suppose the deal is off :cs:.

• Haha 3

On 27/03/2020 at 22:25, bigfool1956 said:

According to the app I use, I generally listen at around 60db, with 73db peaks.

The thing is that I'm aware that the walls are thin, and I don't want to be some sort of neighbour from hell. It's a bit difficult to work it out at the moment as I'm sure neither neighbour would appreciate me knocking on their door during this time of social distancing, and probably it wouldn't put them in the right frame of mind to be reasonable.

The letter I received is a standard letter, making points that the council are legally obliged to state. I didn't feel it was a threatening letter as such, rather that it was somewhat matter of fact.

After speaking to the very nice lady at the council, I'm less despondent as I feel the measure I'm intending to take should settle the issue. 

As for lawyers, that's money I don't have.

Following on from this I did take a measurement of the ambient noise once I had stopped playing music, it was 29 dBA. Funnily enough it was the same during the following day. Just goes to show how much ambient noise has dropped recently.

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, Blackmetalboon said:

Following on from this I did take a measurement of the ambient noise once I had stopped playing music, it was 29 dBA. Funnily enough it was the same during the following day. Just goes to show how much ambient noise has dropped recently.

Living here on the South Coast there's always ambient noise from the wind and the sea, but it's still noticeably quieter for sure.

On 28/03/2020 at 05:30, TIU said:

Blimey Steve, very sorry to read this.

Going into Hospital today to see the neurosurgeon, fingers crossed all will be good in a few days.

Super Wammer
On 27/03/2020 at 21:20, Nearly bewildered said:

Im also a key worker and where i work the usual suspects suddenly self isolate! Leaving us short staffed..any excuse to swing the lead..the sooner they bring in tests to deal with these p##s takers the better! ( wow..im sounding like my dad! Lol) 

Yes. Exactly that. An individual on where I work did exactly that. Two weeks off. Fair enough; they are known for swinging a very dense type of metal. 

Technically, I'm high risk. Lung damage from fire years ago. I wrote a lengthy email stating my concerns. To be fair, the MD got back to me within 24 hours. 

Could this be because I blew the Whistle on impropriety a couple of years ago? 

Could it be because I copied in my Local MP and the Authority we're contracted to supply services to? 

Who knows. Time will tell if my concerns are addressed... 👍 👍 👍 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

Yes. Exactly that. An individual on where I work did exactly that. Two weeks off. Fair enough; they are known for swinging a very dense type of metal. 

Technically, I'm high risk. Lung damage from fire years ago. I wrote a lengthy email stating my concerns. To be fair, the MD got back to me within 24 hours. 

Could this be because I blew the Whistle on impropriety a couple of years ago? 

Could it be because I copied in my Local MP and the Authority we're contracted to supply services to? 

Who knows. Time will tell if my concerns are addressed... 👍 👍 👍 

This pandemic bring out the best and the worst in people..everyone 'self isolating ' because someone has a sniffle at home?  No wonder we have to pull in retired people to help! Im going to work in a minute..im taking sensible precautions..wearing gloves, spraying everything i touch with milton professional..🙂

Posted (edited)

Hi all, hope everyone and their families are staying safe and healthy in the current situation we are all in.

Although I work in the one of the essentials trades outlined by the government, due to my Wife and daughter being in the vulnerable list (Wife has an condition that causes a weak immune system, daughter has asthma) I have volunteered to be placed on “furlough” so that I can be at home with them.
To quote my line manager, “at time’s like these you have got to say f**k the money, our health and our families are what’s important” and I couldn’t agree more.

So with potentially the next 3 months at home from work, apart from venturing out for supplies and helping out at home and with the kids, to keep myself sane I plan on listening to a lot of music, discovering more artists, comparing Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon music, Qobuz and Tidal (I may post my findings on here if anyone would be interested) being more active on these forums and finally doing a lot of research (and hopefully saving) so once this is all over I can continue with my planned upgrades for this great hobby of ours.

Stay safe everyone (and sorry for the long read).

Edited by Casper82
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Casper82 said:

To quote my line manager, “at time’s like these you have got to say f**k the money, our health and our families are what’s important” and I couldn’t agree more.

I really like their style and yes agree, the only trouble is it wont put food on the table or pay the bills, or let us have some sort of a civilization if everyone took that on. But in principle, yes! Its just all a bit of a mess at the moment.

Super Wammer

Yep. 

Money, doesn't make you happy. 

But it helps you afford the kind of misery you prefer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
23 hours ago, bigfool1956 said:

Living here on the South Coast there's always ambient noise from the wind and the sea, but it's still noticeably quieter for sure.

I'm  living with a lady again so for me it's got noisier.. it's like rush hour at J29. Mixed with a laundrette and telephone exchange..thank fuck her mates can't come round..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Money, doesn't make you happy. 

But it helps you afford the kind of misery you prefer. 

Yes true John. I might have to get used to that cheaper misery as well, I might be on the verge of losing my long term job amongst all this chaos. In a post virus world I cant imagine there'll be loads of work around either. Lets just say there are 10 plumbers or whatever trades/shops for instance now, by the end of all this madness there'll probably only be 3 or 4 of those still who can sustain themselves. Could be worse imagine the pressure they are under now working in hospitals.