knaithrover

Our lives at the moment....

The view from our lounge

IMG_20200322_125702__01.jpg

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, George 47 said:

home.jpg.136364eb69a89f86e2ac9af2e22cb800.jpg

Lovely spring day here in sunny Berkshire. I have been a busy boy and the grass in the lawn and padock are cut. And I will be in the dome on the right tonight imaging galaxies.

I have installed a pair of Psvane Acme 211 valves in my Progession 1 amplifiers and a mamoth listening session is on the cards. The birds are tweeting away and there are no planes in skies.

What a shame, have you had to “Lay off” the Gardener, Butler, Maid, and Stable hands.:P

Careful you don’t get lost tonight, looking for the door to the observatory in the dark  :ph34r:, the emergency services are too busy to help.

:close:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Tony_J said:

The view from our lounge

IMG_20200322_125702__01.jpg

You can P*@s Off as well :clout:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

Are there crocodiles in that moat ?

It’s the Chimpanzees in the bushes you should be worried about :nerves:.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

Are there crocodiles in that moat ?

No, but plenty of leeches...

• Haha 2

Perfect isolation and social distancing!

I am indoors, listening to Qobuz and the wife is outside, gardening!

fullsizeoutput_19e2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

The back garden is in need of serious repair after a winter of excessive rain and a poorly hound running around in the mud.

But, the view towards Hay on Wye from here in the Brecon Beacons National Park is ever changing.  The distant peak is Pen Cerrig-calch, 701 metres, in the Black Mountains. Behind the rooftops is the Usk Valley, recently flooded, and the A40 (out of sight).
33B696A8-DD97-4E7A-8EC9-0000DBD83C73.thumb.jpeg.a4acfbb677a11d9f35660f0ea7758973.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

You got miniature Trident submarines in there ?  Maybe a Lego maintenance base too ?

Not yet...:dunno:

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Well guys - with two kids (23 and 35) living at home and now working from home - that restricts my listening (unless I use headphones).

The missus has bronchiectasis .. I am asthmatc - we are both over 65 and we found the off switch on the tv every time the news comes on.  My other daughter is in a quandary as we look after our grandson two days a week and she is worrying about should she come visit us or not.

I do have the feeling that you could just as easily get knocked down and killed by a bus whilst reading the next coronovirus alert on your mobile phone whilst out walking and I am also a fatalist - when your time comes there is nowt you can do about it - when he calls ya go and that is it.

These actions are just to slow down the infection rate to keep emergency services able to function and stop hospitals being inundated with casualties.  Unless they find a vaccine it is pretty certain most of us will eventually get it.   

The answer in life is to enjoy every day you have and spend your time smiling and feeling warm inside and avoiding nastiness and hate.   You would hope in times like this people would understand the meaning and the need to be kind but we see the assholes out clearing supermarket shelves and you have to stop yourself thinking I hope those buggers get the coronavirus or some other karma intervenes.

In the meantime when I can I get to listen to my music and thank god for that .. in the meantime stay calm and carry on and most of all be kind .. I have no doubt there will be casualties from our membership but for now I do hope our members will perhaps count to 10 and think before posting some of the acid replies we see from time to time.  

Reading through the above and the lovely humour and dare i say "love" shown did not surprise me seeing the people who have posted so far .. all of whom I love to see posting on queries and other threads as their replies are positive and full of humour but usually always kind.

Well guys and girls my only wish is we keep on keeping on and stay happy and stop worrying about what will happen - as they say yesterday is gone, tomorrow is an unknown so live for today cos that is where we are at.

Stay positive and cheerful and focus on the joys - as they say the art of life is finding the silver linings and not looking for the clouds 

Edited by uzzy
spelling
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Cloth-Ears. said:

A great tool of a moderator , don't you think ?  No need to ban anyone any more, just launch a mini Trident at where they live :) All from your button console, as you sip your martini and stroke your white cat in your big swivel chair.

You rang?.

3176FD29-8059-4487-971C-20B4F3A2B138.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, George 47 said:

Steve Earle on Copperhead Road currently playing with the new valves.

Wonderful album :^