Paulssurround

What Are You Doing To Stay Healthy During the Covid-19 Crisis?

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3906598

This has been a cookie cutter report daily since they've been doing these reports. That's what could've happened if everyone had done what we did! The lives, treasure, but most importantly freedoms lost, will be incalculable. People need to be held to account!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 27/03/2020 at 21:23, tIANcI said:

The rate it’s spreading (or being discovered) in the US over last 3-4 days is alarming. 😥

From the textbook "How to spread a virus" ...

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
  • Confused 1

On 27/03/2020 at 20:48, jkbmusic said:

Should I laugh or should I cry now…If ever there was a measurement for the inverse correlation between small minds and big egos I think the highest ever scoring candidate might just have been identified. He'd probably boast about that too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, zephyr said:

In NZ we are hoping our early lockdown will get us through ok. Feeling fortunate to be so isolated with a reasonably decisive government and a small country strung out in a country the size of the UK. 

My bubble consists of my wife and the dog who has developed a limp from so many walks. before all the shops closed down I bought 20litres of paint to paint the roof, the roof being a good place for further isolation should we get too sick of each other.

I have a music group with friends . Normally we meet at each other's places once a month. Rules are: bring music in any format , bring a packet of chips, your favourite tipple - usually red wine or beer- . We listen , talk about anything and everything. Now we are just due to have our first isolated music group evening via Zoom, a wonderful piece of software. Rules are the same, chips and booze and music and bullshit.

We have until April 21 locked down. Things could get interesting. Really enjoyed the Linn playlist on Facebook. 

Great topic Paul

zephyr, sounds like a great wee club you have there. One, I'd love to be a part of if I didn't live on the other side of the world!

Mike.

I am truly inspired by all the people that have come together during this crisis around the world, to help each other and work together

Hopefully this brings a quicker end to Covid-19.

I have received so many heart warming and humorous videos, texts, phone calls and emails that bring laughter and joy during these times.

Every night at 7:00 pm in Vancouver, thousands of people come out onto their balconies or onto the sidewalk to cheer the first responders that risk their lives to keep us safe. All the health care workers, grocery store workers, police, ambulance and fire fighters, food delivery people and restaurant workers that provide take-out.

In my neighbourhood, at 7:00 pm, the sound of cheers and clapping, firecrackers, horns, police and ambulance sirens, is almost deafening and every night it gets louder and louder as the community shows its support.

Wishing you all good health and happiness through this difficult time.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, zephyr said:

Cheers Mike (youv'e got a great name there I'm a Mike as well. :-)

Haha!

2 Mike's with 2 Mimik's. :D

Mike.

2 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

I am truly inspired by all the people that have come together during this crisis around the world, to help each other and work together

I have received so many heart warming and humorous videos, texts, phone calls and emails that bring laughter and joy during these times.

Every night at 7:00 pm in Vancouver, thousands of people come out onto their balconies or onto the sidewalk to cheer the first responders that risk their lives to keep us safe. All the health care workers, grocery store workers, police, ambulance and fire fighters, food delivery people and restaurant workers that provide take-out.

In my neighbourhood, at 7:00 pm, the sound of cheers and clapping, firecrackers, horns, police and ambulance sirens, is almost deafening and every night it gets louder and louder as the community shows its support.

Wishing you all good health and happiness through this difficult time.

Today, I entered Canada for the first time in a week. I've been self-isolating, on day 11 now, but had an emergency dental appointment. There are signs along the highway saying "Wash hands, don't gather, distance 2m, stay home." Also, there was a billboard thanking the frontline workers. That was very heart warming.

It appears that in Italy, the curve is flattening, after three weeks of lockdown. Also, an article said that self-isolation and social distancing are working in Seattle. So, do what the signs in Canada say. It works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Let's be clear, not coming together and staying apart will bring a quicker end to COVID-19. :D

But we know that you didn't mean literally "come together."

Super Wammer

On topic, just been sat on the bike on the trainer in the garage. Watched TAPFS on the projector and active Ninka surround system. There's worse ways to pass 90mins :)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Let's be clear, not coming together and staying apart will bring a quicker end to COVID-19. :D

But we know that you didn't mean literally "come together."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

Speaking of the Beatles, I saw Danny Boyle's "Yesterday" a couple of days ago. It has become one of my favourite films. A must see, especially for Beatles fans.

46 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

On topic, just been sat on the bike on the trainer in the garage. Watched TAPFS on the projector and active Ninka surround system. There's worse ways to pass 90mins :)

I shall seek this out and watch it. Maybe not on the bike trainer though.

1 hour ago, sunbeamgls said:

Obvs not working hard enough! :nup:

1 hour ago, akamatsu said:

Speaking of the Beatles, I saw Danny Boyle's "Yesterday" a couple of days ago. It has become one of my favourite films. A must see, especially for Beatles fans.

Have you seen blinded by the light another good film

• Like 1