Paulssurround

What Are You Doing To Stay Healthy During the Covid-19 Crisis?

49 minutes ago, Nrwatson said:

Have you seen blinded by the light another good film

I have not. I just looked it up and put it into my Netflix DVD queue. Thanks for the tip.

Super Wammer
8 hours ago, JohnnyBuchan said:

Obvs not working hard enough! :nup:

At 9pm?

Lego Technics construction is very soothing. I highly recommend the Bugatti Chiron 42083. Amazon have it back ordered to 13 April at £239.99 (RRP £329.99). It looks even more stunning in reality than the pics.

CJ

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CJ1045 said:

Lego Technics construction is very soothing. I highly recommend the Bugatti Chiron 42083. Amazon have it back ordered to 13 April at £239.99 (RRP £329.99). It looks even more stunning in reality than the pics.

CJ

Quite agree, have built Chiron and the amazing Liebherr 9800

Edited by linnman

So tempted by the Liebherr, wife much less so. Going to try the Land Rover next. Just rebuilding the Claas tractor atm as that is one of my favorites too although now out of production. I do have the Porsche GT3 in the same series as the Bugatti which is also excellent.

CJ

4 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

CJ

Any pics of the Chiron?

Includes a pair of regular size glasses to get a better idea of size (huge!!) and on weighing scales - 2.9Kg

Eight speed, working pistons, rear wing, doors, bonnet, suspension, steering.

Personally I think the underside view gives a good impression of the complexity. It was also pretty cool before you start adding the body work.

CJ

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

• Like 3

CJ,  you should get the Liebherr, I built the Chiron but Liebherr surpasses it. It is also fully operational using the Lego app, has 7 motors to drive all the different movements, the arms,the bucket and to drive and steer, and to slew the main body. Only downside it doesn’t come with the 12 AA batteries needed to power it !

It will just be a matter of timing (before getting the Liebherr). The Land Rover is only due to arrive on Saturday. Wife had a moan that I ordered it yesterday. Main aspect of moan is that I have about 5 sets that I need to sell. Once they are at least advertised then she may be more amenable. Still the Land Rover looks to be interesting - especially the dual gear boxes and four wheel drive. These sets are really great for the engineer in us to appreciate how cleverly they work and have been designed.  I think the Land Rover is going to have something of the Claas Tractor about it, the latter being so packed with clever mechanisms it is my favorite from a technical perspective, the cars are better looking while still clever.

CJ

I have been going out and running up to everyone I encounter to try and give them a firm handshake, and hug, and a kiss on both cheeks, to make them feel socially attached in these distancing times, but everyone keeps running away as soon as I get within 6 feet of them. Am I doing something wrong in my approach?:P

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Super Wammer
On 25/03/2020 at 16:30, akamatsu said:

Do you have a cure for obsessing over COVID-19? Because that's all I'm suffering from now. Perhaps turn off the computer?

No panic, no stress, no fear, no vitamin deficiencies, and my mood is positive.

Right from the start the BBC had a page on it’s website related to this:-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-51873799

I thought this was an early recognition of how the situation was likely to affect most of us. 

Sadly I am in the “vulnerable” group and so have to stay away from the work place but am managing to remote in from my “man cave” - have never been busier!

That does however mean breaks are sent tidying, proper listening and sorting out my kit! 

Unfortunately I am working with my managers trying their best to make sure I get infected

wondering around the hospital telling staff to remove their masks