Sign in to follow this  
Flatcoat

Surround sound processing module with Sky Q

Posted (edited)

My plan is to end up with a KDSM with the Surround Sound Processing module fitted.  I previously had the KDSM system hub without the latest processor.  To watch Sky programs with surround sound, I had to connect Sky to an Oppo and then onto my KDSM so it could then process the surround sound signal.

My question is there anybody on the forum that has the module and can they just connect Sky Q direct to the DSM and then to the TV and the surround system speakers.  And how good is it ?

Edited by Flatcoat
Minor amendment

I have ADSM Exakt with the latest sorround di sound module where I connect: Sky Q, Apple TV, Nvidia Shield and Zidoo x10.

everything works perfect and the sound processing is wonderful.

• Like 1

Great to meet you surround experienced LINN users here! We play via KDSM and Solos into stereo speakers. TV is connected via HDMI ARC and we enjoy the great sound of movies through the stereo chain. A surround setup would be yet more fun, but we hesitate transforming our living room into a studio full of speakers. Deep frequencies would already be a benefit. With the latest surround board in the KDSM, would it be possible to redirect the LFE to the stereo speakers?

In short: fix surround module, configure LFE=>main L/R speaker pair and play TV 1) via ARC or 2) via Toslink optical. Is that feasible?

Yes no problems with Sky and module however I stopped using sky as a loyal customer I was being fleeced no attempts to contact me and suggest ways of reducing costs after I came out of initial term same with bt 

Super Wammer
On 25/03/2020 at 18:37, Harald said:

Great to meet you surround experienced LINN users here! We play via KDSM and Solos into stereo speakers. TV is connected via HDMI ARC and we enjoy the great sound of movies through the stereo chain. A surround setup would be yet more fun, but we hesitate transforming our living room into a studio full of speakers. Deep frequencies would already be a benefit. With the latest surround board in the KDSM, would it be possible to redirect the LFE to the stereo speakers?

In short: fix surround module, configure LFE=>main L/R speaker pair and play TV 1) via ARC or 2) via Toslink optical. Is that feasible?

You could do that, but you'd just get what you're getting today.  Your source will (should!) already be mixing the LFE into the stereo mix.

Posted (edited)

thank you @subeamgls! I am not exactly sure what you mean with source: the LG TV should do the mix, or the KDSM? Also via ARC?
I will try a video file on youtube with LFE test playing on the TV via youtube app or browser. Do you have another idea how I could test that? Sorry, many questions. Not so frequent to find surround-people on the LINN forum.

Edited by Harald

Sign in to follow this