iquadius

Pi desktop and lms

Super Wammer
18 hours ago, iquadius said:

Ronnie,

'Squeezelite" .... aaaaaah .... installed and running, nothing on screen visually but is obviously running in the background ok ... so for my non audio enthusiast friends a simple set up will be a single pi running buster with kodi, LMS and Squeezelite installed etc, optical digital out of telly into dac, amp and speakers (cheap lol) of their choosing.  A simple complete audio/visual set up for very sensible money. Maybe I can make converts of them yet .... nah, they'll probably opt for a sound bar lol

cheers 

Mike

Just a suggestion Mike but there is a very cheap deal on JustBoom Amp Hats on CPC Farnell which would enable you to do all of this in a single box (you would need to beef up the power supply to 12 Volts up to 19 Volt  but not that much of a hassle .

23 hours ago, iquadius said:

Ronnie,

'Squeezelite" .... aaaaaah .... installed and running, nothing on screen visually but is obviously running in the background ok ... so for my non audio enthusiast friends a simple set up will be a single pi running buster with kodi, LMS and Squeezelite installed etc, optical digital out of telly into dac, amp and speakers (cheap lol) of their choosing.  A simple complete audio/visual set up for very sensible money. Maybe I can make converts of them yet .... nah, they'll probably opt for a sound bar lol

cheers 

Mike

Hi Mike

I have had Squeezeplay running on Buster.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107837-Install-Squeezeplay-on-RPi3-with-full-OS-not-just-picore-or-max2play&p=891854&viewfull=1#post891854

The problem is that I can't run it like I can Jivelite  (let me know if you want a how-to).

When Squeezeplay is started it takes over the screen, stopping Squeezeplay, via the home screen, restores the Buster Desktop.

Have you looked at the Material Skin Plugin, combined with the Music and Artist information Plugin it makes an acceptable alternative skin.

It also works on mobile phones or tablets.

I have found (apparently known to others :roll: 9_9) an easier way to mount the USB drive

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111940-RaspberryPi-4-Install-problem-user-permissions&p=970843&viewfull=1#post970843

ronnie

Shame about the road races being cancelled this year, I hope they can afford to run next year

Hi Ronnie, sorry am only catching up now ... I will give all that a more in depth read tomorrow but looks like it might simplify the procedure.

Yes, a funny old year so far, not been to the races myself for a while now but guess cancellation was inevitable. I am supposed to be on another biking trip around Spain and Portugal right now .... can't see it happening any time soon either. Upside is it is costing me less to stay at home ... or is it? online shopping to kill the boredom etc ... bought a personal reg for the car on a complete whim lol

Cheers

Mike

@bencat, thanks for the suggestion, useful info will investigate further though not a solution for myself might prove useful for my aforementioned buddies.

Mike