dicy

Help please - Valve I.D

Hi All

Just sorting through my valve box for something to try in my new P10.

I came across the little fella below, now is it and ECC88 with the 8's rubbed or an 83 with one 8 rubbed or indeed a 33?

I came across an empty box with Telefunken ecc88/6DJ8 written on it, so hoping it's that.

Any help would b v appreciated

Cheers

Rich

Jy7yFr.jpg
JwbGPy.jpg
4mzMvL.jpg

If you have any Telefunken ecc 83's look how the letters are formed on them. You might then be able to identify the difference of how the 3 and the 8 are formed. maybe!

It's an odd one. The only ECC33s I have here are all octal base, not small 9 pin. Valve museum and all my datasheets show an ECC33 as octal base. Unfortunately, the other code on TFs of that era only shows the production, not the type. You can tell when it was made, but not what it is.

A bit of a mystery, as the print doesn't look that worn and it would be odd for it to wear at exactly the point where an 8 would become a 3, especially for the second digit. If you handed that to me with no print on it at all, I'd have guessed at an ECC81, 2 or 3. An ECC88 normally has shorter plates, but frankly it's a guess either way.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses chaps, bit of a head scratcher this one.

It's not unknown for manufacturers to mislabel valves, although Tfk wouldn't be an obvious candidate for this.
I have a few, I find them interesting. They are plus or minus unused presumably because people bought them and then stick 'em in, they work badly, they pull 'em out, put them in a drawer, and stick another one in, job done. My money's on an ECC82, but as Richard says it could be an '83. Not enough experience of the '81 forms to have an opinion. It isn't AFAIK an '88, at least I've never seen a Tfk one with that construction.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

The long plates mean 83 over  an 88

The genuine teles printing comes of so easily, just sliding it out of the box could remove part of the 8 (like that one...)