Guillaume Jamet

Seeking advice for upgrade path to Exakt

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, Guillaume Jamet said:

@mcgilroy @sunbeamgls

Thanks for your feedbacks. Digging into the forum, I discovered this wonderful thread

linn-exakt-design-digital-active-crossovers-with-diy-speakers-plus-other-crossover-related-stuff-including-fir

Thanks to @rv295 ! So it seems fairly possible (but involving) to fully (SO + crossover) model the LX speakers into Exakt.

Can any owner of an ExaktBox gain access to exakt.design ?

I'm more and more convinced that I will go for AkurateSH+AEB10 first.

Yes. I can create the designs for you. But I need the speakers to work on.

• Like 1

Guilllaume: SunbeamGLS is the person to talk to. Perhaps the most experienced Exakt-designer outside of Linn.

Edited by mcgilroy

20 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Yes. I can create the designs for you. But I need the speakers to work on.

Thanks @sunbeamgls. I know that you are an expert on this matter. The thing is, I am a wannabe DIYer and trying to go far as possible by myself is part of the project. I had no opportunities to hear the LX by myself but reviews and also the design principles of S.L. makes the project attractive to me. But at the end, I cannot be sure how really they can compare to speakers like those of Linn. So, I'm a bit reluctant to invest too much money into the project from inception (and shipping to/from France is an issue).

(Some may see  a pathological  contradiction in buying k$ Linn hardware and trying to pair and save with DIY speaker!)

Edited by Guillaume Jamet

8 minutes ago, mcgilroy said:

Get a MiniDSP and get going. You can go Exakt later.

True. That's me mixing 2 different issues. Sorry. I plan to go Exakt anyway. In parallel, it would make sense for me to experience the LX before envisionning much more expensive speakers.

Edited by Guillaume Jamet