emcc_3e

Tidal 4 months for £4!!

Not sure if anyone has seen this but Tidal are doing all their packages for £4 for 4 months!! This includes the HIFI platform.

https://offer.tidal.com/campaigns/5e7903b2f268870019552017/products?geo=GB&campaignId=5e7903b2f268870019552017

Think at that price I will give it a try.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks for flagging. My £1.99 for three months offer literally ran out yesterday.

I am a long term spotify user - tbh I probably wouldn't switch permanently as I just don't find it as intuitive as spotify. Plus for me, I've found it lacking some songs.

However, for £4, they can have me for 4 more months and I'll log in with a different email 😁

Edited by Amormusic

13 minutes ago, emcc_3e said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this but Tidal are doing all their packages for £4 for 4 months!! This includes the HIFI platform.

https://offer.tidal.com/campaigns/5e7903b2f268870019552017/products?geo=GB&campaignId=5e7903b2f268870019552017

Think at that price I will give it a try.

Surely all the people who were paying £19.99 a month have cancelled now (or at least completely brassed off). They must be desperate for subscribers, although I don't use it a lot as I'm not keen on the software and format I've had it for almost a year with hardly paying a penny. Much prefer the Spotify user experience but as I've just bought a Bluesound Node 2i may sign back up and give MQA a listen although I'll have to have a rummage for some analogue interconnects as it's currently out-putting to my Qutest digitally which is not MQA certified.

2 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

Surely all the people who were paying £19.99 a month have cancelled now (or at least completely brassed off). They must be desperate for subscribers, although I don't use it a lot as I'm not keen on the software and format I've had it for almost a year with hardly paying a penny. Much prefer the Spotify user experience but as I've just bought a Bluesound Node 2i may sign back up and give MQA a listen although I'll have to have a rummage for some analogue interconnects as it's currently out-putting to my Qutest digitally which is not MQA certified.

Yeah I'm very happy with spotify as I use it for background listening but for 4 quid I think I will give it a try.

1 hour ago, Sumdumgi said:

You may find that the digital out to the Qutest sounds just as good or perhaps even better than using the Bluesound's own DAC with MQA. After all you do get the first unfold using the digital out to the Qutest. Then there is all the rest of the music at CD quality which should be better via the Qutest.Anyway would love to know what you think after comparing the two methods.

1 hour ago, Sumdumgi said:

That's what i was thinking? Is tidal in trouble?  im paying £14.99 for qobuz on hi res...have no plans to go anywhere else..

27 minutes ago, Bit Perfect said:

You may find that the digital out to the Qutest sounds just as good or perhaps even better than using the Bluesound's own DAC with MQA. After all you do get the first unfold using the digital out to the Qutest. Then there is all the rest of the music at CD quality which should be better via the Qutest.Anyway would love to know what you think after comparing the two methods.

I've just hooked up the 2i with a spare pair of interconnects, I understood MQA through the 2i will only be output at full resolution through the analogue outputs but it is easy enough to switch between output methods and do a quick comparison. (For the avoidance of doubt and a warning to those that measure I intend doing this by listening to some familiar albums whilst drinking coffee and possibly eating a kit kat - I'm not interested in and won't respond to any of the usual arguments by the usual suspects).

I've had Tidal through the Qutest for a while on a succession of offers. The CD quality stuff is better than Spotify but the user experience isn't. I still buy CD/vinyl and an occasional download but Spotify reigns in our house as it's normally for discovery and background and it's also use extensively by SWMBO through Sonos. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nearly bewildered said:

That's what i was thinking? Is tidal in trouble?  im paying £14.99 for qobuz on hi res...have no plans to go anywhere else..

I think they are doing it, partially, because of the Covid19 lockdown.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emcc_3e said:

I think they are doing it, partially, because of the Covid19 lockdown.

They've had £1.99 a month for 4 months and £5 for 5 months since the autumn as well as giving new purchasers of Naim, Bluesound, NAD and other hardware 3 months free. It smells of desperation to me ... Trying to get subscriptions on board through dealers/manufacturers is a good strategy but their discounting looks pretty alarming. I'm now on my 3 free months and have paid them a grand total of about £15 in the last year whilst keeping my Spotify at £9.99 for several years.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sumdumgi said:

They've had £1.99 a month for 4 months and £5 for 5 months since the autumn as well as giving new purchasers of Naim, Bluesound, NAD and other hardware 3 months free. It smells of desperation to me ... Trying to get subscriptions on board through dealers/manufacturers is a good strategy but their discounting looks pretty alarming. I'm now on my 3 free months and have paid them a grand total of about £15 in the last year whilst keeping my Spotify at £9.99 for several years.

Fair enough. Anyway for 4 quid I will give it a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

I've just hooked up the 2i with a spare pair of interconnects, I understood MQA through the 2i will only be output at full resolution through the analogue outputs but it is easy enough to switch between output methods and do a quick comparison. (For the avoidance of doubt and a warning to those that measure I intend doing this by listening to some familiar albums whilst drinking coffee and possibly eating a kit kat - I'm not interested in and won't respond to any of the usual arguments by the usual suspects).

I've had Tidal through the Qutest for a while on a succession of offers. The CD quality stuff is better than Spotify but the user experience isn't. I still buy CD/vinyl and an occasional download but Spotify reigns in our house as it's normally for discovery and background and it's also use extensively by SWMBO through Sonos. 

My understanding is that you get the full resolution with MQA if you use the analogue output of the 2i using the 2i's own DAC, but using the digital output to a DAC that is not MQA compatible the 2i will do the first unfold so you do get better than CD quality but not the full unfold.

Super Wammer

does tis mean that I can cancel my subscription and then sign up again?  Need to claw money back from massive and continuing overspend on hifi!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

Tidal are always doing special offers or free trials, but so is everyone else it seems. No need to sign up to anyone at the moment, I'm on the Qobuz 1 month free trial, it is ok but I won't be paying £15 a month for it. Deezer are doing a trial for HiFi which is cd quality streaming, maybe some HiRez as well. There is Amazon as well.

Edited by BeeRay

31 minutes ago, DomT said:

does tis mean that I can cancel my subscription and then sign up again?  Need to claw money back from massive and continuing overspend on hifi!

What about favourites and playlists though? I wonder if you can use the online migration tool that works for Apple/Spotify etc to copy from old tidal to new tidal?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DomT said:

not on the same email

• Like 1