bohemian

Lockdown and what’s cooking

Posted (edited)

there was a thread on this but it seems to have disappeared.... perhaps it was an error?

Today we had a lovely beef stew (diced shin beef) with braised leeks.  My wife made the stew into 4 portions so we have another meal in the fridge or freezer.

We get our beef (mince, shin, rib trim) from Donald Russell (pork sausages, confit duck legs, too).  It is really grand meat. Chicken, mutton and goat we get from our nearby halal butcher.

Edited by bohemian
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Someone who shall remain nameless had a small mishap with the database.

Still, we can all start a load of pointless, dire threads from scratch. Quite a number of us have slightly more spare time than anticipated :D

Edited by rabski
  • Like 1

Is this why this link isnt working? 

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/92970-sad-news-john-dolan/page/5/

All I get is "We could not locate the item you are trying to view." Please don't tell me it's been deleted! I visit the thread almost every day- it contains many posts about my brother, and some pics. 

Well ... let’s start again! Authentic Asian recipe can be found here:

https://rasamalaysia.com

31BFD61C-3DAE-424F-A7FA-B03160AAB4D7.jpeg

C60E53FB-AE64-44A9-9DBA-2F2C078353C6.jpeg

Well that looks bloomin good. I will be around shortly. Do you do takeouts?

Tonight we have mainly been eating stir fried duck/prawns with garlic, ginger, spring onions, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, carrots, mushrooms, asparagus, green beans, with noodles and black bean sauce. Mrs. Feet did the prep and I cooked/spoiled it. This was followed by home grown plums and custard. All washed down with a nice bottle of Chardonnay.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rabski said:

Someone who shall remain nameless had a small mishap with the database.

Still, we can all start a load of pointless, dire threads from scratch. Quite a number of us have slightly more spare time than anticipated :D

I hope the Joke thread is not lost.  It is/was a wonderful database of jokes.

45 minutes ago, Dik Dolan said:

Is this why this link isnt working? 

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/92970-sad-news-john-dolan/page/5/

All I get is "We could not locate the item you are trying to view." Please don't tell me it's been deleted! I visit the thread almost every day- it contains many posts about my brother, and some pics. 

Oh I do hope it can be recovered in some way! My heart goes out to you.

7 minutes ago, bohemian said:

Oh I do hope it can be recovered in some way! My heart goes out to you.

Thank you, I hope so to!

I'm trying not to panic, or spam mods or threads, but damn....

Please admins and mods, help.

A bit of a lack of consumables at our local Tesco so the family sat down to Bonjella, bird seed and edible glitter patties tonight. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, bohemian said:

there was a thread on this but it seems to have disappeared.... perhaps it was an error?

Today we had a lovely beef stew (diced shin beef) with braised leeks.  My wife made the stew into 4 portions so we have another meal in the fridge or freezer.

We get our beef (mince, shin, rib trim) from Donald Russell (pork sausages, confit duck legs, too).  It is really grand meat. Chicken, mutton and goat we get from our nearby halal butcher.

We had the same tonight, but with Chuck steak. Loads of onions, whole bulb of garlic, fresh rosemary, seasoned with finely shredded smoked bacon and a stock pot. With roasted peppers and vine tomatoes there's enough for two days. Yum!

Tonight, Rationalised Beef Stew is in build. Saturdays job is building a Series 102 Cake. Fruit has been soaking in leftover rum for a week... 🍰😎👍

Posted (edited)

Made corned beef hash last night, comfort food of the gods. No posh upgrades here , Heinz baked beans, onion, spuds and Mozzers own brand corned beef. Goes bloody awful with Chardonnay but we have to make do during these challenging  times !

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ian said:

Made corned beef hash last night, comfort food of the gods. No posh upgrades here , Heinz baked beans, onion, spuds and Mozzers own brand corned beef. Goes bloody awful with Chardonnay but we have to make do during these challenging  times !

That meal goes down really well with lager. Or better still, an ale like Harveys... 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

Made a chicken korma last night, Pataks korma paste, lots of ginger and garlic, and the leg meat from the roast chicken we had the night before. Delicious!