MotherSky

Heco Direkt speakers

16 hours ago, Mr BA said:

How far away from the speakers do you sit? I have my Direkts on wooden plinths, with rubber feet on Direkts and the level adjusted so that tweeters are firing at ear level - this means vertically I am on axis with the tweeters. Each speakers is aimed just behind my head if that makes sense?

Thanks for the response - not really fixed a position at the moment, as I can't move the Proac stands completely out of the way yet (I had spinal surgery recently, and they are a kind of R5 clone on steroids made from solid slate - they're more like a 3 man lift!) - my aim is for an equilateral triangle: given the backward tilt of the cabs, my ears are probably just below the tweeter axis, and they're not toed in far enough to point directly at me by any means - I find the on axis response a bit on the sharp side - your plinth idea is interesting: you obviously maintain the correct gap under the ports. Another positive for the Hecos: they perform consistently at surprisingly low volume - actually astonishingly so.. possibly this is a feature of large high efficiency drivers, and possibly one of the reasons my wife is so keen to keep them....

1 hour ago, MotherSky said:

Thanks for the response - not really fixed a position at the moment, as I can't move the Proac stands completely out of the way yet (I had spinal surgery recently, and they are a kind of R5 clone on steroids made from solid slate - they're more like a 3 man lift!) - my aim is for an equilateral triangle: given the backward tilt of the cabs, my ears are probably just below the tweeter axis, and they're not toed in far enough to point directly at me by any means - I find the on axis response a bit on the sharp side - your plinth idea is interesting: you obviously maintain the correct gap under the ports. Another positive for the Hecos: they perform consistently at surprisingly low volume - actually astonishingly so.. possibly this is a feature of large high efficiency drivers, and possibly one of the reasons my wife is so keen to keep them....

Its the low level listening that is the key. Im just listening to Photek - Modus Operandi. Sounds great, my gargae room isnt attached to the house but is near the bedrooms so need to be realistic with the volume. I'm listening in the dark. This album is spooky in places. Lol

• Like 1

I have always liked these speakers and the huge three ways too. Reading this thread with interest as if I ever go for a pair they would have to go quite close to a back wall. Would be good to add pictures or videos to this thread to visually demonstrate what you guys are experimenting with as you endeavour to get the best from them.

keep up the good work 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spider said:

I have always liked these speakers and the huge three ways too. Reading this thread with interest as if I ever go for a pair they would have to go quite close to a back wall. Would be good to add pictures or videos to this thread to visually demonstrate what you guys are experimenting with as you endeavour to get the best from them.

keep up the good work 

I'll add a few pics later. Mine are very close to the side walls and about 15 in from the rear wall and about 4.5 ft apart.

Edited by Lee M
  • Upvote 1

Kinda gives you an idea of placement 

49494041342_255b645308_z.jpgHeco Direkt - Sudegn by FITBITSFELLA, on Flickr

49728607197_baffd4a84c_z.jpg20200402_192610 by FITBITSFELLA, on Flickr

49727743273_f96db1e44a_z.jpg20200402_192624 by FITBITSFELLA, on Flickr

49727743333_c55f67b5bd_z.jpg20200402_192531 by FITBITSFELLA, on Flickr

Edited by Lee M