Guzziboy

8.00 tonight

2 hours ago, Gaz38 said:

What a shame that someone starts a nice thread only for a moderator to politicise it, especially so soon after they closed threads for similar reasons🙄

Well he does have a point, and he is allowed to say it. You made your point.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Well said Richard :^

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gaz38 said:

For anybody who, like me, lives in the middle of nowhere and won't be heard clapping, pop a heart on this map to show your appreciation and support for our amazing NHS staff

https://www.thanksamillionnhs.co.uk/

Good find, thanks.

Super Wammer

A good response here in our little village :^

• Like 1

Same here ..all the street turned out ………...never thought id be a happy clapper …...:^

• Like 1

Super Wammer

And here. Impressive turnout in our small village. We're all going down to the village hall at 8:30pm for a barbecue and the okey-cokey*

*not

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rabski said:

The feeling on the ground, certainly here, is that nobody could have done much more than is being done and anything that diverts from letting people get on with trying to manage the situation is inherently wrong.

This.

I have worked in the NHS and was happy to go out onto the street and applaud to the point where I was in danger of going to A&E suffering from "the clap".

This is nothing to do with funding or privatisation or anything else. Some people need to look up "unprecedented".

Edited by TheFlash
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rabski said:

I'll say my piece and leave it at that. Most know I am left-wing and involved in politics. I, in common with all of our local party, are doing all we can to distance ourselves from any political action or comment and putting our efforts into supporting everyone who needs it.

The time for any debate is well after this has hopefully been got under control. The feeling on the ground, certainly here, is that nobody could have done much more than is being done and anything that diverts from letting people get on with trying to manage the situation is inherently wrong.

Anne and I will be outside applauding not only the NHS staff, to whom I already owe my life, but all the others on the front line doing their best to keep us safe and to make sure we still have water, electricity, groceries, phone, internet and all the other things we take for granted.

I didn't even know it was on. We've been out just driving for the last few hours and wondered why a few people we saw were clapping. Every support needs to go the professionals, but also to people like myself who care for the vulnerable on a day to day basis, and don't receive a penny for putting ourselfs at potential risk to make sure our nearest and dearest stay safe during this surreal period.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thought we probably wouldn't hear anything here, but we were out and we could hear clapping, whooping and cheering from miles around. Really heartwarming.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

And here. Impressive turnout in our small village. We're all going down to the village hall at 8:30pm for a barbecue and the okey-cokey*

*not

Good luck dropping the hot dogs into the buns with the two-metre tongs Nigel :)

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
Just now, batteredhaggis said:

Good luck dropping the hot dogs into the buns with the two-metre tongs tongue Nigel :)

FTFY

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Also you'll find yourselves sudden experts in fire walking. At least the Covidiots of Coventry did :wall: 

Super Wammer

Out in the sticks here but whooping could be heard at 8pm (along with a couple of fireworks).

My wife added her thanks out in the garden with a heartfelt rendition of 'Under Pressure' on the watering can.

• Like 1